• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OS failure on Chromebook Pro

OS failure.
I am in the UK and have used my Pro for about 1 year. I was trying to see if I could upload music using a CD player, but the Chromebook went ballistic and all I can see is an error message: "Chrome OS is missing or damaged". I prepared a recovery disk using a pen drive (with the help of my son) but the Chromebook either can't find it or does not recognise it.
I am sure that the recovery disk is good but I have no idea what to try next; I have contacted Samsung but they have been no help at all. Does anyone know how I can get it working again? Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Reactions: gilbertoramirez36
OS failure.
I am in the UK and have used my Pro for about 1 year. I was trying to see if I could upload music using a CD player, but the Chromebook went ballistic and all I can see is an error message: "Chrome OS is missing or damaged". I prepared a recovery disk using a pen drive (with the help of my son) but the Chromebook either can't find it or does not recognise it.
I am sure that the recovery disk is good but I have no idea what to try next; I have contacted Samsung but they have been no help at all. Does anyone know how I can get it working again? Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.
So sorry to hear of your trouble. I would post your query at https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/chromebook-central as they have the most knowledgeable Chromebook support anywhere in the two years I have been on ChromeOS. Jim Dantin over there will reply pretty quickly with advice. J

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones