1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support OS Services - how much wifi data in a day?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jimdriver2, Jan 18, 2013.

1. jimdriver2

jimdriver2 Well-Known Member
    None

May 7, 2010
    Just got my phone back from being repaired and the battery performance seems a bit worse.

After various experiments the only thing that really stands out as concerning is the amount of Wifi data OS Services uses in a day. Also it seems that it is nearly constantly downloading small amounts of data, which I think contributes to the battery drain considerably.

I've FR just in case something odd was on there, but it would be really useful as an indication if people could tell me how much per day OS Services uses for them.

I've installed the My Data Manager app to help me keep track.

thanks.

Advertisement

2. StevenZ

StevenZ Member
    None

Mar 16, 2010
    My GS3 seems to use about 20-30MB per day for OS Services, although yesterday that spiked to 12GB (yes, GB) when I tried a YouTube fest over Miracast (AllShareCast). I was connected to WiFi for all of this, though I still have unlimited 4G data.

Oddly enough, the YouTube app, itself, only reports 68MB usage yesterday, so I think My Data Manager sees app usage and streaming data as separate things attributable to separate processes.

3. jimdriver2

jimdriver2 Well-Known Member
    None

May 7, 2010
    Thanks, that's really useful. Confirms what I'd more or less decided that although it seemed odd it wasn't the cause of my battery woes.

My FR seemed to help somewhat and i'm now getting fairly decent performance from it.