• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OS suddenly using 99% of battery!?

Todd B

Lurker
Dec 2, 2014
What's going on here? This just started happening. Screen capture attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-02-12-10-15.png
    Screenshot_2014-12-02-12-10-15.png
    159.7 KB · Views: 78
Hi Todd

Welcome to the forums! :)

Could you let us have a little more info:

What device, which android version, were you using the phone for anything during this time - no screen usage shown? Its rather unusual - have you tried rebooting the phone (power off completely and restart). Could you expand the graph (by clicking on it) and post another screen shot.

Roger

Upvote 0
This happens to me on a daily basis. typically it happens when i pull it of the charger. However not every time. i then have to reboot the phone then Android OS goes back to normal. i have the Sprint version of the S4 and this began after Sprint's NG2 update. it is very frustrating to have to reboot your phone a couple of times a day because the OS goes haywire. hopefully Sprint will update the S4 to Lollipop soon and this will remedy the problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones