• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help OS X Sync, App Management and more...

Grewe

Lurker
Sep 22, 2010
Hi,

I've just got an HTC Desire. This is my first smartphone (and also my first Android OS device), but I did own a 1st generation iPod touch. Now, I've got a couple of questions.

First of all, I'm (on) a Mac. Therefore, I'd like to sync my iTunes music and video library, as well as my iPhoto library with my phone. I'd like full control over music playlists, mainly because I'm only syncing the highest rated songs, due to space constrains. Any applications for this one? Apparently, HTC Sync hasn't got an OS X version (which is ******ed, if you ask me).

Next and perhaps the worst of it, I hate the multitasking. To elaborate on this matter, the battery dies in less than 2 days because of it. I've downloaded an App Manager from the Market, and, after less than a day of usage, I found that lots of apps I have no use for get, actually, opened. To give a concrete example, I'm only using its smartphone capabilities for Internet browsing, mail, messenger, and a few other entertainment things. But right now, for example, I have the Stocks, Weather and Talk applications on. But I've never touched them, nor do I have any widgets related to them on any of my scenes. Any ideas on how to solve this one?

Thanks in advance!

I hear DoubleTwist is a good app to sync music(and maybe movies) from iTunes to Android. Never used it personally, because I use Spotify, but I've heard good things about it.

Delete the App Killer. It should help. And also, don't expect more than 1 or 2 days of battery out of a smartphone. They are pretty powerful things, if battery life is your main concern, a feature phone may suit you better :)

Reactions: Grewe
Upvote 0
I hear DoubleTwist is a good app to sync music(and maybe movies) from iTunes to Android. Never used it personally, because I use Spotify, but I've heard good things about it.
Thank you! DoubleTwist hit the nail on the head, and then some.

Delete the App Killer. It should help.
Ok, I've got rid of it.

And also, don't expect more than 1 or 2 days of battery out of a smartphone. They are pretty powerful things, if battery life is your main concern, a feature phone may suit you better :)
No, battery is definitely not my thing. My concern was that those apps I have no use for, running in the background, could mean some more hours of fun.

Upvote 0
No, battery is definitely not my thing. My concern was that those apps I have no use for, running in the background, could mean some more hours of fun.

They won't use a noticeable amount(if any) of your resources, bar the RAM. The RAM will handle itself though, if you drop below a certain amount(which I think is around 20MB?), Android will kill apps for you :)

If you want to know how much of an impact they are having on your battery, head into Settings > About Phone > Battery.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones