• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OSX/IOS Reminders with Android?

Hi, I am a long time "mac guy" and and iphone user. I like their products but thinking of a change and am sick of the small screen size. The main hesitation is giving up things I am comfortable with on IOS and OSX, everything involved with synching because that stuff is big for me.

So I am trying to make this work, but need to understand what compatibility I have before I buy an Android phone. I can give up the Iphone but still use macbook and Ipad all the time, it would be idea if they could all still speak to each other! I dont know any hard core android peeps so if you an add any expertise that would be amazing. Where what I know and need to figure out

- I can sync through Itunes fairly easily (have a big library so am comfortable with it and all its faults), but would need to use a 3rd party app to transfer to an android phone? Any recommendation?

-I assume I can use my yahoo and exchange email/calendar?

-Big one for me: I edit 'contacts' and use 'reminders' on my macbook and ipad all the time. Any way i can synch this with android, or is there a 3rd party app on both platforms I can use instead of the apple apps?

I am excited to see all the phones coming out this fall. Hopefully I can join the group!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones