• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root OTA 2.2 Stock Froyo Update (Rooted)

Nandroid saves your phone at its exact settings, so restoring it at that point will bring you to the exact spot when you backed it up. With MyBackup, you have to start all over, download the app, restore it, and sometimes it's not as reliable. I prefer Nandroid because it's just clicking a few buttons and it gets me exactly where I want, whereas MyBackup is great, but I usually have to re-download a few apps because it didn't restore properly.

Upvote 0
Nandroid saves your phone at its exact settings, so restoring it at that point will bring you to the exact spot when you backed it up. With MyBackup, you have to start all over, download the app, restore it, and sometimes it's not as reliable. I prefer Nandroid because it's just clicking a few buttons and it gets me exactly where I want, whereas MyBackup is great, but I usually have to re-download a few apps because it didn't restore properly.

clarification here: a nandroid is a system restore to where you were when you made the backup. If you make a nandroid when you are running, lets say, fresh 1.0.1 or cyanogen, then flashing 2.2 (assuming it doesnt break NAND, im still waiting for confirmation)...then doing a nandroid restore to where you were before brings you back to pre-2.2 condition. Programs like MyBackup and Titanium are within-ROM backups that re-install programs and data, because for the most part when you flash a new ROM it requires a complete wipe and once you are booted up and running in the new ROM, you have to do all the re-installs within it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones