• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OTA 45.3.6 (re-release) is Live

That's discouraging. I was hoping they would release a new update to take care of some of the issues with this initial release. Looks like that might not happen for a while with them releasing this.

You've been having issues with the initial release, even after a successful install? That's the first I'm really hearing about that.

Upvote 0
You've been having issues with the initial release, even after a successful install? That's the first I'm really hearing about that.

Yes, battery life has taken a big hit on mine since this update. I even went to sprint and had them do a complete re install. Of course, the update returned and I'm back where I was. I run basically a stock phone too. I was completely happy with the phone until this last update. Now, if I don't watch it, the battery is down to 20 to 30% by the time I get home from work. Before it would be at least 60%.

Upvote 0
Yes, battery life has taken a big hit on mine since this update. I even went to sprint and had them do a complete re install. Of course, the update returned and I'm back where I was. I run basically a stock phone too. I was completely happy with the phone until this last update. Now, if I don't watch it, the battery is down to 20 to 30% by the time I get home from work. Before it would be at least 60%.

Do you use WidgetLocker? If so go to the market and download the update, this app is responsible for battery drain unless you download the latest update from the dev.

Upvote 0

Have you checked what seems to be consuming the majority of the battery?

Do you have your setting set for "Automatic" for Network connection?

Upvote 0
Have you checked what seems to be consuming the majority of the battery?

Do you have your setting set for "Automatic" for Network connection?

I have but everything appears normal. Yes, network is set to automatic rather than any cdma.

The battery drain started right after the last update. I've changed a few settings and that made it better, but no where near what it was.

Upvote 0
This is not a release

Who said it was? The title says this is a "(re-release)" of the original patch.

Directly from the Forum Manager @ Motorola, quote,

"We've uploaded a new update. If you were unable to update previously to
45.3.6 you should now be able to. The update is twice as big now so
updating over Wifi is suggested. Those on 45.3.6 have no other action
required at this time.

Thanks again for everyone's patience over the last two weeks.

Mark
Support Forums Manager"

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones