• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help OTA 604 failing at 20% when installing

I've been fighting this issue for the majority of the afternoon.

My phone was 1-step rooted yesterday (about 4 hours after I got it from Fed Ex), but when I first had issues, I backed everything up with Titanium Backup, unrooted, and did a factory restore.

The issue persisted, so I called Verizon, who pushed me over to Motorola. They don't seem to have any idea what the problem is, and unfortunately, no one around here has any in stock, so replacement isn't a viable option at the moment.

So, I'm left with a couple questions:

1) Is anyone else having issues with this OTA update

2) While I didn't remove anything out of the ordinary (just what was recommended, things like the NFS, Amazon's MP3, etc.), and it appears everything has been brought back by the factory reset, could the fact it was rooted be stopping this?

3) Is there any way to manually load the update? I'm coming from a Blackberry Bold, where I was quite comfortable running leaked beta ROMs...I don't know of any way to do it any way other than OTA for this though.

I believe Titanium backs up to a folder on your sd card with a similar name.

Seems to me you can't download BB from the market, but have to reinstall the one you removed. I believe other people had similar complaints, but the app has been posted here. Maybe you need to search for it.

All I did was rename CityID so easy for me to reverse, but I already had 604 installed, just don't want to screw up the next update. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones