1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Root OTA and Themes

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Eryl Flynn, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Eryl Flynn

Eryl Flynn Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    With the new update coming, was wondering if I will need to remove the theme and dedex before taking the update.

Advertisement

2. gmenfan83

gmenfan83 Well-Known Member

yes im pretty sure and if im wrong someone please correct me but i believe you would have to go back to stock unrooted to get an ota

3. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Male
    Web developer/IT
    You'll need same version as OTA, so 2.3.15, and odexed (not deodexed).

Rooted didn't make a difference with the last update, but mine still said it was rooted, but didn't work.

I just got done dusting off/updating my original OTA (rooted) in preparation for the big update. I don't trust the sbf's... someone's always complaining about some strange problem. If I have to sbf, I immediately restore a backup after.

After the update, I'll have to manually deodex I suppose. Time to check it out I guess. Last time I used the easy 928 theme to deodex.

4. eraursls1984

eraursls1984 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2010
    FL
    You shouldn't have to unroot, it wasn't necessary for the last update but that could change.

5. eraursls1984

eraursls1984 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2010
    FL
    I'm pretty sure I remember people saying That the last OTA people didn't have to re-odex, but the update did re-odex their phones and they had to redo the deodex process. However I'm not positive as I didn't deodex until the day after I got the last update.