• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root OTA failed any ideas?

zmanzbo

Jul 14, 2010
So here is my situation and I did try to search but couldn't find an answer.

I did the unrevoked>forever>stock recovery so I am still rooted but back to stock recovery.

Last night I got the OTA and it started to run but about a third into the green bar it went to a red triangle. So the updated failed an am still on 2.1

Could this be because I was in my basement with crappy signal, it dropped and didn't download the file or is it because I am still rooted?

I do not have clockwork recovery on there anymore and was told that it would be fine to have root and still install the OTA.

Thanks for any help!

Ya I know dumb move. Normally it is fine down there but of course last night right after I clicked install I noticed the bars were way down.

So its known that what I did to get to stock recovery and still be rooted is fine and thats not what hosed this up?

No updates available when I go into about phone>system updates

Upvote 0
Ya I know dumb move. Normally it is fine down there but of course last night right after I clicked install I noticed the bars were way down.

So its known that what I did to get to stock recovery and still be rooted is fine and thats not what hosed this up?

No updates available when I go into about phone>system updates

Ok just give it some time, sooner or later it will either try to push the ota to your phone again or you can just get the option when it becomes avaliable in settings.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones