• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help OTA Firmware URIs Found - Work still needed

I just got the update and I think I may have forced it going threw this thread I saw that the file was hosted and then I downloaded it then used anycut from the market to open the device management and clicked start dm then I noticed the red and blue arrows minutes later I got the notification and boom update
plz someone try it and tell me if this works

Reactions: Nu11u5
Upvote 0
I just got the update and I think I may have forced it going threw this thread I saw that the file was hosted and then I downloaded it then used anycut from the market to open the device management and clicked start dm then I noticed the red and blue arrows minutes later I got the notification and boom update

this is great news for the developers if it works, and for all the rest!

Upvote 0

Upvote 0
well you got the update should you not be able to just look at the app info on them
or not im not sure

no I need to know their .apk name, not there tagged name or whatever you call it. for example, Telenav is called tn55-android-Houdini-signed.apk
so in order to remove the apk telenav you would need to do the following...

$su
#
#rm /system/app/tn55-android-Houdini-signed.apk

Upvote 0

No go for me, tried 2g/3g/wifi in all three modes (prod, lab, mformation).

Upvote 0
Hello,

I'm not on the t-mobile network, so my phone is unable to reach fota.t-mobile.com, seems like i cannot even resolve it, can any of you guys that are on the t-mobile network check what fota.t-mobile.com resolves to? Maybe we'll be able to reach it outside of the t-mobile network if we have the ip?

The server certainly lies within t-moble's firewall, meaning its inaccessable from any connections not originating from inside the network. The domain probably resolves to multiple IPs for load distribution across regional servers.

For me fota.t-mobile.com resolves to 10.176.56.93.

If you are wanting the update while off network, I'm working on a flash image that can be used with the ODIN tool. The process needs to be tested first, though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones