• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root OTA leak to Frankenrom (b5)

hovercraftdriver25

Android Enthusiast
Apr 8, 2010
What's the preferred order of steps to get from original OTA leak (already installed) to Frankenrom with new(er) radio and which radio version is recommended? I have never rooted before...only saying that so anyone helping knows I have no experience with it, not that I am concerned about doing it. Thanks in advance!

Download UnrEVOked forever. Install as an UPDATE.zip. Download 2.15.XX radio place in root of sd card allow to install in Hboot (it will do it automagically). Download B-5 Rom Install as usual UPDATE.zip or choose zip from sd which ever you prefer. Vanilla is optional but I personally like to scrape all the chocolate sauce off my Froyo and enjoy the beautiful vanilla goodness.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones