• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root OTA rooted

Hi, so I rooted to 2.1 a while back and held off for the final 2.2 root, so right now I got the 2.1 OTA ROOT on my phone.
Is it still advisable for me to wipe before flashing this 2.2 ROM or can I just flash over the 2.1 I currently have?

Just want to be paranoid by asking first and not regretting later.

Thanks

Sheldon

Upvote 0
Hi, so I rooted to 2.1 a while back and held off for the final 2.2 root, so right now I got the 2.1 OTA ROOT on my phone.
Is it still advisable for me to wipe before flashing this 2.2 ROM or can I just flash over the 2.1 I currently have?

Just want to be paranoid by asking first and not regretting later.

Thanks

Sheldon

OTA 2.1? Use simpleroot and THEN get the rooted 2.2 from xda. If that was a typo and you got the OTA 2.2, wait...someday there will be a root for it.

So this means us with the unofficial update can now root? Advise me...

Thanks

If you got the rooted unoficial from xda, you can keep root with this new version. If you got it from HTC and are on 2.2 and not rooted...wait.

I have no doubt there will be a root since new phones are coming or will be coming with this version. I just don't see much activity on xda with it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones