• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OTA to 4.3 left me in a spot of bother...

carioca

Lurker
Aug 8, 2013
Hi all!
Glad I found this forum to try a fast way of restoring my Nexus 7 to its 'rooted' state after the OTA update left it unrooted...

Android is challenging the old time-warped synapses of this early computer aficionado who still had to learn Assembler for CP/M 80 in the early 80s for his home-built S-100 bus machine.

Suffice to say I've downloaded the relevant mini-sdk etc., e.g. WinZip, extracted everything as per the excellent tutorial, put the old N7 into fastboot mode and tried several times to flash twrp 2.6 to the device.

The Win command prompt screen shows up for a fraction of a second each time - and nothing has happened to the N7!

Ah well, it's a rainy, cold winter's day here on the Australian east coast, and I still have some hours to while away...

Cheers,

LMH

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones