• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OTA update available now

Upvote 0
I have a problem trying to install the update when it reboots to install I get a tringle with a ! I evenvtryex to do a factory reset but no luck

I'm also getting this when I try to install the update. I can download fine but when it rebooths and tries to install the update, it always ends in the triangle screen. I have to do a battery pull to restart the phone and when I do, I get prompted to download/install the update again.

Any ideas? TIA.

Upvote 0
Thanks. LOL! The front page. Who would have thought?

The fingerprint reader definitely seems better. I don't notice any difference in the 3.5mm jack output. I just got some bluetooth stereo headphones. Will unpackage them tonight and try them.

John

I don't use 'em but did you try a wired headset with function buttons? Some people have complained about buttons on headsets not working properly. I've only used stereo headphones. My bluetooth headphones/headset have worked flawlessly since day 1.

Upvote 0
Did my update 1 hour ago and now I am on the edge network, thanks At&t!!!!!!!!!!
Patience, mine did as well but after a bit it switched back, I think it needs to sync back up after the update since nothing else is really on that network.

I doubt this minor update would have kept anyone from leaving.
Im really not getting all the hate for this phone, are people really finding it that bad? Mine has worked great and I have had no issues or is this from people trying to root it or whatever those kids do today?

Upvote 0
I'm also getting this when I try to install the update. I can download fine but when it rebooths and tries to install the update, it always ends in the triangle screen. I have to do a battery pull to restart the phone and when I do, I get prompted to download/install the update again.

Any ideas? TIA.

I just got the update to work there was a sbf just released not to long ago and I updated it with that srry I can link it im using my phone to type

Upvote 0
Im rooted and don't want to install this update just yet, However when I hit my wifi it downloaded the update to my phone, i just didn't install it, and I froze the updater in titanium back up, So I don't have to keep saying install later, But now I want to delete the system update file it downloaded, does anyone know the location where the updates get downloaded to ?

Upvote 0
Im really not getting all the hate for this phone, are people really finding it that bad? Mine has worked great and I have had no issues or is this from people trying to root it or whatever those kids do today?

Yeah it is amazing. This phone is awesome compared to my old Captivate. I had no problems and now it is even better. A meaningful update in a month? This is not something that a Captivate owner is used to!

John

Upvote 0
Got a message early this morning about this update and was very excited. Wasn't really having major issues with the phone and was also getting good battery life but the finger print scanner and car dock did have a few 'glitches' from time to time.

So far, I like that the battery usage now gives you a detailed look at which apps are sucking away at the battery. Finger-print scanner seems more responsive. I'll post back on the battery life (if I'm getting 24 hours of battery now, getting another couple of hours is going to be awesome!).

The car dock had an issue in that sometimes it would freeze and the phone would reboot. Hope that dissapears completely with this update. Also, have been using my bluetooth to stream music and haven't had any issues but if the quality is improving I'm all for it.

I've never had any major issues with my Atrix and have loved it since I got my hands on it. I knew that any minor bugs and network caps would eventually be resolved via upgrades. Some people just need to be patient and understand just how much potential this phone has based on the hardware.

Looking forward to future upgrades, removing the HSUPA cap soon, HSPA+ expansion and later hopefully Gingerbread.

Upvote 0
To be honest, Id recommend anyone looking to update, NOT TO! The update does nothing to increase performance. If anything, it hinders the use of the phone even more. It completely eliminates all root. So if you thought you were locked out before, now its a complete jail cell.

I know from knowledge of beta testers that everyones feedback was all over the place in terms of what was working and not working. So any of the proposed "benefits" of the update werent there. The main thing the testers ALL had in common was loss of root.

Battery performance was sporatic to say the least. Some benefited most others said it got worse. Still there were bluetooth connection errors and random reboots.

Also, think about how long they beta tested this new update....less than a week? Thats hardly any time to accept feedback and make any necessary changes.

Only update worth waiting for and actually downloading would be the one to enable HSPA next month.

Until then, my opinion is to hold off and NOT download the update. YMMV.

Upvote 0

The point I was trying to make was that those that have left or are going to leave, would find fault with the phone no matter what. Minor bug tweaks certainly wouldn't keep them from doing so.

I have no issues with mine. It's a great phone.

Upvote 0
I find this so frustrating! I would love to be able to update but my phone refuses to update unless I have wifi, which I don't have at home or work, so I guess I won't ever update since it recommends that the update take place while the phone is charging.
UGH.....What is the big deal with updating over the network connection?!
Why are they making this so hard for some of us?

Upvote 0
Find a McDonalds they have free wifi or a library..

I find this so frustrating! I would love to be able to update but my phone refuses to update unless I have wifi, which I don't have at home or work, so I guess I won't ever update since it recommends that the update take place while the phone is charging.
UGH.....What is the big deal with updating over the network connection?!
Why are they making this so hard for some of us?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones