• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OTA update available now

The point I was trying to make was that those that have left or are going to leave, would find fault with the phone no matter what. Minor bug tweaks certainly wouldn't keep them from doing so.

I have no issues with mine. It's a great phone.

ditto and seconded. Never had any of the problems that get complained about here.

Lucky... I want an update... [ Bell user with TERRIBLE battery life and tried every trick to locate rogue apps to no avail. :( ] Still getting 5 hours with MINIMUM usage.

I swear i've tried every trick. Even with dimming my screen the % is always 30 - 40 no matter what brightness setting I have. (I assumed it would drop SIGNIFICANTLY from 0 - 100% brightness but I guess not. I want to disable Motoblur as it takes up a lot to run.)

that's very abnormal. If you've followed the instructions and tips in the more recent battery threads in this forum and are still having this, you should exchange your battery. As for your dimming, you need to set a custom battery mode in the battery settings menu that keeps your dimness to what you want all day and all night. that's probably why yours keeps switching up again. Check my recent posts about 1 week ago I've provided all the info on how I keep my battery long lasting and it works very well. Some useful links in those posts too I think.

Like I said, if that doesn't work, your likely have a bum battery. Mine was going much longer than the 5 hours you're reporting with heavy use even before I started fiddling with my settings

Reactions: azazel
Upvote 0
Eh AT&T is ok. I have had all the carriers and they are the best of the worse. My iPhone 4 had its fair share of problems, but nothing like this phone. My battery doesn't even last a day on low use. Thats another issue...

All android phones require more customization and tweaking than iEasy my friend, which is part of why we love them. ;) I've actually been telling almost all my friends who ask me to just buy an iPhone. Not because I think it's better but because I just don't think it's worth the hassle of watching friends who aren't into tech struggle. Unless you somehow got a bum battery, you can get well over 24 hours between charges on an Atrix on low use. This patch is going to make it even better

Upvote 0
How? I did the check for updates option on the phone and there is nothing.
I have the Bell Atrix so no update for me. I've tried searching the update.zip manual update for the Atrix but was unable to get much from Googling :mad: I did the manual update like this when I had my Nexus One. I was thinking that there is something similar for the Atrix. I think you'd need to ask in the XDA Atrix Forum if you can do a manual update.

Reactions: mehsdomi
Upvote 0
My battery life has been horrible after the update. I have done a factory reset to try and see if some of the apps (maybe K9 mail) is not working right with the update.

Prior to the update I could go all day and have about 60-70% battery when I got home at 6:00 or so. Now, using the phone less hands on (web browsing and stuff), but with the same Exchange/Gmail/K9 Imap Idle setups, I am down to 20-30% when I get home.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones