• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OTA Update Changes Thread

To update on the video player brightness, this only happens when you're in video recording mode and then access the video player shortcut within the recording mode.

I didn't realize you can adjust the brightness when you launch video player outside of video recording mode. This will set the default for video player when launched elsewhere such as in video recording mode or the gallery.

Also, there is an option to *always* play high quality in youtube. It's in the menu when you bring up the youtube app.

Reactions: u0berdev
Upvote 0
From a relatively official source: Contains fixes and updates for:

Email accounts disappearing∙
Quickoffice integration – added the full version of Quickoffice∙
WPS Dialing issue∙
PC Internet has been removed
Media scanning time improvements
Simple/Complex PIN entry - will now display the numeric keyboard and not the qwerty keyboard when unlocking the device∙
Exchange 2003 support
MMS download after 2G call∙
Google Open GL 2.0 Fix

Hmm seems like something major may be missing from this list...

Reactions: u0berdev
Upvote 0
To update on the video player brightness, this only happens when you're in video recording mode and then access the video player shortcut within the recording mode.

I didn't realize you can adjust the brightness when you launch video player outside of video recording mode. This will set the default for video player when launched elsewhere such as in video recording mode or the gallery.

Also, there is an option to *always* play high quality in youtube. It's in the menu when you bring up the youtube app.

Thanks!!

Is this a new feature? Or was this available in the old FW? I can't remember... :thinking:

Upvote 0
That is correct.. When I go into "About Phone" all informationis there and complete and updated. Its just when I click "software update" i immediatly get "no firmware".

If your update went smoothly why are you checking for an update? It might be a normal occurrence that will go away after a few days when the server has handed out most of the downloads and network traffic has decreased. I'm just guessing but sometimes these things have a way of working itself out.

Upvote 0
Guys stop requesting a handshake from the server every few hours or minutes [If you are doing that]. Give it a 24+ hrs and then proceed. From what I see it seems to remember any phone that has requested an update. It may be locking you out because of the constant requests. Now if I'm wrong then it seems a trip or a phone call to AT&T is needed.

Yes, I have, I've waited days, and it still does the same thing. The issue is that it isn't checking the server for updates at all. The phone is just throwing up that message instantly when you hit the Software Update button, it isn't actually going out and checking the server for updates.

In the past, it would take a few seconds, check the server, and then provide a message saying that Software is Up To Date, check again in 24 hours or something, there was a timer and you couldn't check till then. However, none of that happens anymore. No timer, no Up to Date message, no anything, the phone does nothing when you hit Software Update except show a little rectangle with "No Firmware" in it.

Software Update is broken for all intents and purposes. This worries me about getting future updates since I can't update my phone anymore.

Upvote 0
Yes, I have, I've waited days, and it still does the same thing. The issue is that it isn't checking the server for updates at all. The phone is just throwing up that message instantly when you hit the Software Update button, it isn't actually going out and checking the server for updates.

In the past, it would take a few seconds, check the server, and then provide a message saying that Software is Up To Date, check again in 24 hours or something, there was a timer and you couldn't check till then. However, none of that happens anymore. No timer, no Up to Date message, no anything, the phone does nothing when you hit Software Update except show a little rectangle with "No Firmware" in it.

Software Update is broken for all intents and purposes. This worries me about getting future updates since I can't update my phone anymore.

:thinking:

Software Update is broken? Do you know specifically how the software update process works? Guys don't just say things without actually proving it. Download the Android SDK, plug in your phone, fire up the Debug Monitor and see that the logs say. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones