• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help OTA update issue

Broque2564

Lurker
Feb 26, 2016
I've recently rooted my Alcatel onetouch phone using the kingroot rooting aplication. After a few days of having the aplication installed I decided to uninstall the application using the the uninstall tool provided in the app know i'm unable to update my phone using the system update. My device notifies me there is a fermware update available but it will not let me download the update eventhough my phone is no longer rooted. I get a message saying that your device has been detected with root access, upgrade disabled is there a way to fix this or bypass this message?

Last edited:
Welcome to our AndroidForums, @Broque2564 :).

Kingroot undoubtedly left traces of itself and/or modified things in your /system partition that the OTA finds inconsistent with the files that it wants to patch (the OTA will not patch a file that it does not recognize as being stock).

The remedy in this situation is to get the /system files back to stock which is typically done by somehow getting your stock ROM reinstalled. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with your device to be able to tell you how to go about doing that :(.

We appear to have several "Alcatel ONE TOUCH" device areas here at AF:

You might post a new thread in the root area for your specific device and see if anyone has any experience restoring back to stock.

Cheers and best of luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones