1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support OTA Update not as expected

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by miltonfine, Jan 6, 2013.

1. miltonfine

miltonfine Lurker
    None

Dec 19, 2012
    I got the update a few days ago OTA. I was hoping it might get my phone back onto the 3G network (all I ever get is 1X, even in 3G covered areas according to the VM map), and that phone calls might improve. What in fact happened is that my phone call quality has decreased, I still don't have 3G access, and I have even more trouble connecting to a 4G network, even when I'm clearly in a covered area.

Any ideas? I'm about to do a hard reset of the phone and wipe it back to factory to see if that helps in anyway. I was kind of grumpy about the phone before, but now I've concluded it's almost worthless since updating.

Advertisement

2. awev

awev Member
    None

Aug 10, 2012
    Male
    Handyman
    Cyberspace
    There is a thread called Fix everything by turning your phone into an Evo 3D, or something like that. The Evo 3D is the Sprint version of this phone, and so it works with the Evo V 4G as well. That might provide the fix you are looking for.

3. Ranhead

Ranhead Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 23, 2012
    Jersey
    I rooted, did the s-off and then followed the "turn your phone into a 3D" thread. Then I was also stuck with 1x speeds. So I then did the update through flashing and now I finally have 3G.

Tags: