• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OTA Update Starting today?

Verizon Posted System Update information for the droid:

http://learning.verizonwireless.com/learning/Droid_Motorola_Software_Update.pdf

Enjoy improved performance with these OS enhancements.
Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce new software enhancements for your DROID by Motorola smartphone. The Droid by Motorola software
version AP:ESD56/BP:C_01.3E.01P update includes numerous improvements.

The following enhancements to the Droid by Motorola have been made:
xx OS stability is improved.
xx Battery life is improved.
xx Camera auto focus functionality is improved, and time between
shots is reduced.
xx Enhancements for three-way calling.
xx Audio for incoming calls is improved.
xx When receiving a call on call waiting, the speakerphone now
remains on.
xx Bluetooth

Upvote 0
What I have noticed so far is a new unlock slider, the camera seems to be working a lot better (ill put it to the test later on in the dark to see how it fairs). The voice dialer works a lot better as well, before I could hardly ever get it to work right but now it gets it right on the first try. I'm glad they fixed that. As for voice quality, I called my girlfriend and she said the was a noticeable improvement in how well she could hear my voice. Very nice!

Upvote 0
Will we still get notified if we use a different home then the default one?

Yes you will. It'll show up in the notification area. I've seen people claim that you have to go to the System updates page but that isn't true. You will only see something there if you've gotten a notification. Both Google and Verizon have spoken on that when the announcement of an update on the 11th 1st broke.

Upvote 0
Yes you will. It'll show up in the notification area. I've seen people claim that you have to go to the System updates page but that isn't true. You will only see something there if you've gotten a notification. Both Google and Verizon have spoken on that when the announcement of an update on the 11th 1st broke.

Yeah I found the link that explains it.

Upvote 0
I found this step of the instruction linked above interesting:

If you are roaming you will not receive a system update notice. You will need to enable Wi-Fi and wait for the update notice to appear or as mentioned above you can manually update by by selecting "Home" > "Menu" > "Settings" > "About phone" > "System updates".

I have been using 3g exclusively the past week or so. I may have to enable wifi at the house later today to see if it jump starts the update process.

Upvote 0
I found this step of the instruction linked above interesting:

If you are roaming you will not receive a system update notice. You will need to enable Wi-Fi and wait for the update notice to appear or as mentioned above you can manually update by by selecting "Home" > "Menu" > "Settings" > "About phone" > "System updates".

I have been using 3g exclusively the past week or so. I may have to enable wifi at the house later today to see if it jump starts the update process.

I believe if you read some of the steps before, it will only show in the update if you have received the notification for it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones