1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root OTA Update then no connection to pc HELP!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by khanet, Sep 27, 2011.

1. khanet

khanet Newbie
    None

Nov 9, 2009
    After receiving the update last night, i defrosted all my apps and did a backup before i installed update. Install complete and was ok. I went back in to root my phone and it will not connect to my pc. It no longer gives me a choice on what mode i want my phone to be in. Does anyone know how to change it? Thanks.

Advertisement

2. khanet

khanet Newbie
    None

Nov 9, 2009
    I did not delete anything, just froze some apps with titanium, my phone works perfect and runs even better after the OTA but i can't get it connected to my pc to get root again.

3. imnotmikal

imnotmikal Android Expert
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    PC Technician
    Richmond, VA
    This might sound sarcastic, but I'm serious... Have you tried turning it off, then back on again, and then connecting?

4. khanet

khanet Newbie
    None

Nov 9, 2009
    yeah, i understand where you are coming from, people always overlook the simple things, but yes i did do that many times. I just tried to do a nandroid restore and i think i bricked my phone from doing that. now i can't get it to boot at all. i also put that nexus prime bootloader on it so i dont' know if thats holding up the process or what. I need lots of help.

5. redsox985

redsox985 Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 25, 2011
    I'd suggest trying to boot into Android recovery then applying the leak and hope that gets you to stock 5.6.890.

Disclaimer...I'm newer to this stuff, so don't run off and do this until someone more experienced chimes in/agrees/whatever.

6. khanet

khanet Newbie
    None

Nov 9, 2009
    I ended up applying the leaked sbf to my phone which allowed me to boot to it. the update applied and set the phone for factory reset. Took it to verizon told them my phone is whacked out from that update and she looked over it and said "Yes, these are all the problems we experiencing with the update on some phones." All that time i thought it was the Freezing apps and being rooted that messed everything up but it was just the update. They overnighted me the phone and I should have it in a couple hours.

7. redsox985

redsox985 Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 25, 2011
    Interesting... Why is no one having these issues with the leak, but, as per Verizon's word, they are with the OTA?

8. trini.s2k

trini.s2k Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 4, 2011
    these things happen being a tech for vzw i seen alot of bs and it was like wtf, but i mean thats technology at its best lmao i aint smart like some of these dudes on here but alot of people do dumbshit an blame the phone when its user errror....on another note i just did the ota before work this morning an it didnt brick, because i had removed amazon , skype , nfl mobile and i had knots in my stomach doing this, but it worked what a relief gonna try and root now.

as i scroll through the new ota droid 3 , it added back amazon kindle and nfl mobile but no skype, i guess it doesnt care for it.

9. trini.s2k

None

Sep 4, 2011
    now i am experiencing the same problem, not connecting to pc it sayes it chargin when the screen is looked though restarted abunch of times, took out the battery, i really dnt wanna have to go to vzw after work, traffic blah! im out laters everyone hope someone finds a fix

10. khanet

khanet Newbie
    None

Nov 9, 2009
    Update:

Got a new phone overnighted to me from verizon received the update for it this morning and it did the same thing not connecting to pc. took a laptop and my cord to verizon. they looked at it couldnt' figure it out. we decided to try another cord and it worked. was a blackberry cord. so she went and got a brand new droid 3 out of box and that cord wouldn't work. I asked her to get a bionic cord and she did.......and it worked like a charm. for some reason my original cord didn't work after the update. but everything works now and i have no idea why it doesn't accept the original cord.

11. Unicorn512

Unicorn512 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 21, 2010
    Male
    Idaho
    I got an update for the Moto PC drivers yesterday, one day before the OTA was available for my area. Just a coincidence?

My MotoHelper is now 02.00.53 with Motorola USB Driver 05.02.00

And after the OTA update on my wife's phone (never rooted) the PC connection is working normally.

I recall that I had an issue with the D3 connecting to the PC originally until I installed the then current drivers.

12. trini.s2k

None

Sep 4, 2011
    i did that , reseted my phone and use the chargin cord that came with the phone an its back to working..

13. mb27

mb27 Lurker
    None

Sep 30, 2011
    I'm so glad I found this thread. I was having the same problem - couldn't connect my D3 to my PC anymore after the OTA update. I have about a dozen micro USB cables and the only one that allows me to connect the phone to PC is the one that came with my phone!
    Good news is the phone will connect after OTA and Pete's 1 click root method worked just fine.

My Droid 3 is running great rooted with 5.6.890!