1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General OTA Update trouble

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by riomaru, Jan 5, 2012.

1. riomaru

riomaru Member
    None

Jun 11, 2011
    Ok so yesterday I got my phone and I was having fun with it within the first few hours. So I finally got it activated at night and things were going great no hang ups or anything like that. But one thing I wasnt getting was 3g but I had signal to send and recieve text messages.(tech support says it takes about 24 hours to get everything working) So I was ok.. So come the morning still no 3g but phone was working perfectly. So I was messing with the network settings and i set it on evdo only and I got 3g and it was very fast the highest I got was 1820 kbps so I was like sweet. So I heard about the update so i went ahead and did it.. and thats when everything went wrong!!!!!! After that I received no text messages and signal was acting effy but I still got 3g.. So i got out of school and I called my house and thats when all the text messages cam pouring in, and not at the school I get great signal.. so I went home and did a factory reset and im getting text but the signal is low and weak and before i get about 2 bars minimum. So if I have one bar and it drops to none i have to keep resending it over and over again and its so irritating. is there anyway to revert :p or should I install the update again or what? Also any help is greatly appreciated

Advertisement

2. HeroLau

HeroLau Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 6, 2011
    what is the wrong detail?

3. riomaru

riomaru Member
    None

Jun 11, 2011
    Signal going to full bars to no bars to 3 bars to no bars just fluctuating... and i have to make a phone call to recieve text and thats when they call come pouring in

4. riomaru

riomaru Member
    None

Jun 11, 2011
    NEVER MIND***

Called boost and they reprogrammed my phone so everything is working.... for now >.> lol

5. Marknderm

Marknderm Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 6, 2011
    Being nosey... LOL
    Altoona, Pa
    So finish the story, what did they say was wrong with your phone? or didn't they tell you?

6. riomaru

riomaru Member
    None

Jun 11, 2011
    Well they just re-programmed it and thats it... At least my 3g is stable

7. Marknderm

Marknderm Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 6, 2011
    Being nosey... LOL
    Altoona, Pa
    do you have to do what I do when you leave your house or get away from your internet connection? turn off the WiFi and turn back on the 3g? if I go out I shut off WiFi and run 3g only, and when I'm home I have to turn 3g off and only use WiFi. otherwise some of my apps won't work or they hang and it wants to reload the phone too. (turn off and back on again.)

8. godraw

godraw Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 24, 2011
    Male
    Retired Michigan Gravel Trains Driver
    S.W. Lower Michigan
    Judging by reading your posts here I'll venture a guess and have to say a modded PRL. And then only assuming you live in an area with a lot of towers.

9. HeroLau

HeroLau Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 6, 2011
    Maybe the PRL is wrong when conduct the upgrade, wrong prl will absolutely one of the reason which cause the fluctuation. please check it in setting and correct stock prl version is 61007.;)

10. thehandyman

thehandyman Guest
    None
    I've never had to do this, and I run AutomateIT Pro with a proximity sensor to turn on Wifi when I'm home. Wifi switches on and off throughout the week to 3G and back with absolutely no trouble whatsoever.

Are you running B08? Does this happen after a reboot? Are you running any switch apps?