• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help OTA Update

Picked up two Optimus T's on the same day, about two weeks ago, one for my wife and one for me. Hers got the OTA update the same day. Mine still doesn't have it. The update does include wifi calling. Kind of sad that using your own wifi still consumes your T-mobile minutes... so we won't be using that feature. But since you don't have service at home I guess that is worth something.

Reactions: RavenDBlades
Upvote 0
Picked up two Optimus T's on the same day, about two weeks ago, one for my wife and one for me. Hers got the OTA update the same day. Mine still doesn't have it. The update does include wifi calling. Kind of sad that using your own wifi still consumes your T-mobile minutes... so we won't be using that feature. But since you don't have service at home I guess that is worth something.

Hey thanks for the reply. At least this way i know that there is a legit update and Tmo isnt just blowing smoke like some companies do....

Upvote 0
FYI for those looking to get the wifi calling update. I just got mine and here is how i was able to get it. I rooted my phone using the Z4root found [APP] z4root - xda-developers and then wiped my phone (however this was accedental, not sure if it had anything to do with it.) then i made a call and did the *#*#checkin#*#* (243246) and then went to do the software update. It instantly registered that the update was available (11mb) and whadya know there it was. Wifi Calling

Upvote 0
ok so just go to www.lg.com

on the left it should say mobile phones. highlight and click on mobile support.

on the next screen click on phone software update.

right underneath where it says lg mobile phone support it should say phone software update and download. two different tabs. click on download. then underneath the new tab download again.

click run and install the program. after that just follow on screen instructions.

after doing this i updated my software from v10h to the newest one v10l.

wifi calling should work after this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones