1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Ota?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bugly, May 17, 2011.

1. Bugly

Bugly Android Expert

so, should we sit in a circle and sing "Kum-baya" or sumpin? Haven't heard much on this subject in a few daze, any word?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. z0mb13m4n

z0mb13m4n Android Enthusiast

December 22nd, 2012 if the Mayans are correct

3. Bugly

Bugly Android Expert

Hey! that was MY comment a few weeks ago... At least I'm not the only one that makes light of that date, lol!

4. z0mb13m4n

LOL! Well, great minds think alike.

5. Bugly

Bugly Android Expert

so... you have brain damage, too? lol

6. z0mb13m4n

Brain damage? Not that I know of, but my mother tells me I'm special everyday.

7. Bugly

Bugly Android Expert

I think I hijacked my own thread, dammit...

8. z0mb13m4n

Yeah, I didn't help any.

OK, back on topic:

What I think is going to happen is that the X2 will come out and then a short time later the OG X will get GB. But thats dependent upon the X2 coming out with GB on it already.

9. alprazolam

alprazolam Android Expert

Which, from what I've seen, it won't ship already on it. I'm not sure I believe that though. Seems crazy that there is a solid build of GB ready for the OG X and they go backwards to start off with Froyo on the DX2. Of course, carriers do idiotic things all the time.

10. Bugly

Bugly Android Expert

Wait, what? Carriers do idiotic things? Like what? (There goes the bandwidth...)

11. JrzDroid

JrzDroid Android Expert

Patience Padawan. Good things come to those who wait

12. Bugly

Bugly Android Expert

Just stirring the pot o' poo.....

13. alprazolam

Wait for what? I'm on it brotha! Been on it for quite some time now. VZW can take all the time they want to get that OTA. ;)

14. Bugly

Bugly Android Expert

I pretty much just want a SBF file so its easier to get back when I mess up stuff... lol

15. cougar214

cougar214 Android Expert

This topic always amuses me. People are getting so impatiant for....ummm.......errrrr......something we are already running?

Lol......what is it your waiting for again?

16. Bugly

Bugly Android Expert

just the SBF, nothing else, really...

17. GandalfTehGray

GandalfTehGray Android Expert

lol i think they should jsut come out and say a date. Unless they are adding something gigantic from .595 they should be done with it.

18. alprazolam

They, themselves probably don't know. It's not like VZW sits around planning out the exact date of software releases. Makes plenty of sense to us, but they are a large company in an ever-changing landscape. Much of what they release is based on hopes that the technology will be there when they are ready for release. Often times the intentions are there but maturity of the platform is not, so they punt and go for the safe route.

19. z0mb13m4n

Oh, I was wrong on the date, its actually REALLY soon. May 22nd 2011. The day AFTER Judgement Day, so all of us that are left behind get it. Who needs the OTA if they're in Heaven?

YouTube - Judgement Day May 21 <---- watch that and you'll know what I'm talking about

20. Bugly

Bugly Android Expert

OMFG... Seriously? This has been played out so many times since the dawn of man, it should be a hanging offense to start another one.
    Here's a hint, religious leaders: stop preaching hell and eternal damnation and start preaching the idea of being kind to your fellow man.

kidon likes this.
  21. kidon

kidon Well-Known Member

+1

22. Steven58

Let's get back on topic. If you want to talk about judgement day, that's okay, but we'll have to have this moved to the lounge. Tia.

VoidedSaint likes this.
  23. caveritt

caveritt Member

Things have just been too slow in the forums for the past few days. We got really use to SBF'ing and flashing every few hours due to new leaks. What!?! It's been like days since the last time I had to SBF. NEED SOMETHING TO DO :eek:

24. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

yes i too have been staying on one rom as of late, waiting on the Official GB, so that GB roms will arrive, and i can begin flashing a new rom weekly. its been a slow few weeks for the X ever since the GB leak became announced, hopefully once the official is released, and rooted, we will be back to our old ways.

25. Steven58

Welp, you can try out zombiestomped if you're bored. I did. It's pretty good. :)

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews