1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

OTG Cable?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lennydude, Dec 23, 2013.

1. lennydude

lennydude Android Expert

I am wondering..........

My S3 made good use of the On The Go OTG cable. It would read any USB item, including mice, monitors etc. and any USB thumb drives.

My N5 works well with the mouse but I can not get it to work with any USB thumb drive..............

Any ideas?

2. Hook

Hook Ever since DU... ;-)

The Nexus 5 can only use Nexus Media Importer with external memory unless rooted.

3. Ranhead

Ranhead Android Enthusiast

The Nexus 5 is supposed to support USD drives without using SitckMount. Make sure your drive is FAT32 formatted.

4. lennydude

lennydude Android Expert

hmmmmmmm

The USB sticks (more than one) are indeed formatted FAT32 but do not show up anywhere that I can see?

I downloaded an APP named OTG Disk Explorer and that works 100% but does not give a preview of the files like I see with the Samsung. The is an APP that only looks at pics. Oh well, at least I got it working :)

Thank for the help!

5. BynoUK

BynoUK Android Enthusiast

This, been using the app on my Nexus 10 since it launched (also works on Nexus 5)

6. Karmandk

Karmandk Android Enthusiast

You need to use a file manager such as Es filemanager to view the files inside your phone's directory. It will be labeled as USB something

JunBringer likes this.
  7. lennydude

lennydude Android Expert

Thanks for all your help :)

Very much appreciated !

Nexus 5 Forum

The Nexus 5 release date was November 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.95" screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon 800 processor, 2300mAh battery, and 2GB storage.

November 2013
Release Date
Reviews