1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support OTG issues on S6 Edge

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Cameron Hail, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Cameron Hail

Cameron Hail Lurker
    None

Mar 3, 2016
    Male
    My issue is that I have a Galaxy S6 Edge (unrooted, 5.1.1), a UGREEN USB OTG cable, and a Microsoft Wired Xbox 360 Controller, and I can't seem to get it to detect my controller at all.

I know my phone supports OTG, and that this OTG cable works because I've plugged a mouse into it and it was just plug-and-play, I could do whatever I wanted with the mouse with 0 issues.

Well when I plug my Xbox 360 controller into it, which is from Microsoft and is for Windows/Xbox 360, the green lights around the dashboard button are blinking as if it's getting power/connected, but I can't do anything with the controller.

Does anybody have any idea what could be the issue? I have searched forum after forum with no luck, have downloaded (some I even paid for) every app I could find that's supposed to help, and I'm just about to the point of throwing the controller in the trash and giving up on using an external controller.

Attached Files:

Advertisement

#1 Cameron Hail, Mar 3, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  2. Pugs1957

Pugs1957 Guest
    None
    You are mistaken, S6 Edge does not support OTG

3. Cameron Hail

Cameron Hail Lurker
    None

Mar 3, 2016
    Male
    Pugs1957 : It does support USB OTG, or at least basic, because I have a mouse plugged into my phone, with the same cord that I have been trying with my 360 controller, and I can see the arrow itself, move it, scroll through screens, open apps, etc. My only issue is that it's not recognizing my 360 controller, even though it's flashing as if it's connected.

Attached Files:

4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    No you are mistaken. It does.

As for the controller, I'd think it doesn't have enough power output.

5. Cameron Hail

Cameron Hail Lurker
    None

Mar 3, 2016
    Male
    Possibly, sounds legit. Gave up on the X360 controller though, ended up giving it to a friend since I had no other use for it.

Luckily I have a PS4 and multiple controllers, plugged one in and worked perfectly. I guess that's one more reason Playstation is better! ;) lol all good now though!