• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Other keyboard options?

Upvote 0
I also use Swype beta, but I think you have to be rooted to use it. It saves your dictionary if you change phones or roms. I've been using it for so long I honestly don't remember the other differences, but I remember loving it after changing from regular Swype. If you don't want to root your phone, try Kii Keyboard.

Upvote 0
I also use Swype beta, but I think you have to be rooted to use it. It saves your dictionary if you change phones or roms. I've been using it for so long I honestly don't remember the other differences, but I remember loving it after changing from regular Swype. If you don't want to root your phone, try Kii Keyboard.
Swype beta does not require root, the original does because it is a system app. You have to enable "unknown sources" though, in the settings/applications to install the apk from Swype's website.

Upvote 0
I use Jelly Bean Keyboard Pro (VLLWP). Love the customization, and it has great prediction as well as impeccable accuracy regarding what key you tap being the key it actually adds to your message(s). In fact, that accuracy is better than I have ever found on any other keyboard for Android that I've used. It doesn't have a Swype functionality, though, but I've never been much of a fan of that anyway :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones