• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Other party can't hear you during a phone call...

Mr. Orange 645

Android Enthusiast
Oct 6, 2010
SW Missouri
MODS: Please don't move this thread...yes, I have a VZW GNex, but I specifically want to know from GSM users if they also have this problem.

Thank you!

There have been complaints from several i515 users, myself included, that after several minutes on a phone call, even with good signal, the other party suddenly cannot hear you. This happens anywhere from 5-15 minutes into a call, and does not happen every phone call, for me at least, but often enough to raise some concerns.

Do any GSM variant users report having this issue as well? Please respond below.

I also have this problem, I will be in the middle of a conversation and all of a sudden no one on the other end can hear me. I hear them perfect. this has happened to me at the start of a phone call as well...it rings...they answer...I speak...next thing I hear is, I can't hear you..hanging up. I call back and it works fine. Also have had some, I guess you could call it static....:thinking:..its a bunch of noise which makes it difficult to hear. Just wanted to bring those up as well in case any one else has these issues so they can be looked at.

Upvote 0
This is a well-known issue. I'm not trying to take anything away from the OP, but if you're having this problem, please go to this site and "star" the issue. Thank you.

You missed the whole point of my thread then. I KNOW its well known with the VZW variant. The point was to see if GSM variants had the same issue. That would have direct bearing on whether or not its a Google software issue, which you allude to, or a LTE radio hardware issue, which would be a Samsung, not Google, problem. If Sprint users don't experience this problem, then its likely a VZW network issue with this particular phone/radio chip set.

This is called research to narrow down the source of the well known problem rather than blindly assuming its something that Google can fix.

Upvote 0
GSM Nexus here..

I've had this issue.. 5 minutes ago it happend. was 30 seconds into the call when it suddenly went quiet.. waited about 10 seconds.. hung up, called back.. Mate said he could hear me, but I couldn't hear him..

I've taken it to Telstra (Aussie telco) and they can't replicate it, and only reports on the net are for the Verizon LTE version.

I've had the sim card swapped, and its still happening.. I don't make too many calls, so its hard to see how bad the problem is, but its happened about 5 or 6 times since getting the phone just before christmas.

The latest issue was a call to me, from a mobile..
one thing I noted that happened the other times was the phone was plugged into my computer when the call came in. I disconnected before answering.. Not sure if that has anything to do with it

Upvote 0
GSM Nexus here..

I've had this issue.. 5 minutes ago it happend. was 30 seconds into the call when it suddenly went quiet.. waited about 10 seconds.. hung up, called back.. Mate said he could hear me, but I couldn't hear him..

I've taken it to Telstra (Aussie telco) and they can't replicate it, and only reports on the net are for the Verizon LTE version.

I've had the sim card swapped, and its still happening.. I don't make too many calls, so its hard to see how bad the problem is, but its happened about 5 or 6 times since getting the phone just before christmas.

The latest issue was a call to me, from a mobile..
one thing I noted that happened the other times was the phone was plugged into my computer when the call came in. I disconnected before answering.. Not sure if that has anything to do with it

Thank you for the response! Ironically, yours is the opposite problem of mine. I can still hear the other party bit they suddenly can't hear me, or they can only hear clicking.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones