• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ott Box - M Box Why are some with monthly charges

regman3000

Lurker
Sep 26, 2017
Why are some Ott boxes fully loaded and free of monthly charges , and other Ott boxes have a monthly charge of $15.00 . How can I stop others from getting into my Ott box remotely to limit what I see if I choose not to pay the monthly charge ? I think they must have a way in using possibly an email address or something else...please help...

Hi Mikedt thank you for your reply . Actually I have run across several people including myself who have these boxes , all preloaded . The seller told my brother in law that if the monthly fee is not paid it will be only basic channels we will be getting . He also said that he named the box internally using an email address to recognize it from others he is managing . Others call him when theirs gets any issues , then he fixes the issues remotely and lets them know it good to go . We have the Ott Box , when you go online I see nothing about any of this remote managing of other Ott boxes . I looked on Kijiji and found someone else selling the same idea of paying monthly for an Ott Box as well as the fee to buy it at around $140 . My question is how do I find this email address and erase it from my Ott Box so this guy cannot remotely dial into mine and take away the pre loaded items . Or is there another way to stop someone from getting in , this guy manages at least 15 people that I know of, all working at my brother in laws place of employment...what to do ? I went into settings and found no email address , I don't know what to do next...Thanks for any and all help :)

Upvote 0
I know OTT boxes usually come from China and are not illegal in themselves. But it's the "preloaded" or "fully loaded" stuff that's illegal, and people have been prosecuted for it.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-tees-41386047

Middlesbrough trader admits selling 'fully loaded' Kodi boxes
A Middlesbrough shop owner has admitted selling modified TV boxes that allow access to subscription content such as Premier League football and films.

So anything that's monthly fees with these things, I would be very wary indeed, and just wouldn't want anything to do with it at all, and it may even be funding organized crime...not good!.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones