• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help [OTT M8 ANDROID TV BOX] "Ethernet diconnected" problem

Xtince

Lurker
Jan 10, 2016
Hi all,

I'm new in this forum and new to the android tv box. I live in the netherlands so excuse me if my english isn't the best :).

I recently bought an (second hand) Android tv box. The OTT M8 with the followings specs:

Model number:
K200

Android version:

Build number:
KOT49H.20150205 test-keys

Kernel version:
cafuc.computer@gmail 2
Thu Feb 5 17:35:03 CST 2015

The box works with wifi but doesnt with the ethernet cable in it. I keep getting the error "ethernet disconnected" even after setting ethernet on in the settings menu.

I searched the internet and there are several other with the same problem. But i cant find an solution.

The box i bought has a boot logo of "androidkastje.nl". Thats a websuplier of android boxes in the netherlands. But i have no clue witch firmware it has on. I think it is the "build number" but dont know if it is the stock firmware or not. Anyway i think maybe a firmware update will fix my problem. But i dont know witch firmware to use for it. I dont want a brick so want to be careful and first explore my options.

So my question is if someone has a solution for the "ethernet disconnected" issue? And if not can someone tell me which firmware i can use for my box without bricking the thing (i know always a possibility of a brick, but want to keep it a small chance :))?

Thanks for all ur help!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones