• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Otterbox Cases for Inc - Pictures available

"Based on the website, they are supposedly coming out with 2 of the 3 (the Defender (or heavy) and commuter (or medium)). "

Ya I heard they weren't doing the light one due to the small amount of demand. I would assume the Speck case I saw, or "hybrid" is a lot like the commuter for Otterbox or Active for Seido. Is there any real difference between the medium and heavy? The Defender just seems so huge on my friend Iphone, and heavy to boot. I want protection but not at the price of my phone turning into an ugly lead weight

Upvote 0
The Defender case comes all the way around the front.. much more material, definitely a bigger case which is why they come with a belt clip because it is too large for most to comfortably put in their pockets. It is the only one they list as "drop resistant", versus impact/bump resistant. They are great cases, and heavy duty, but do make the phone a lot larger.

The commuter is a good middle ground. It offers good protection against bump/impact and does help if you drop it, you just don't get the same guarantee. It is basically a 2-piece design that also comes with a a screen protector similar to zagg/others. You have a silicone sleeve you put on your phone, then pop that into the thin polycarbonate outer. The major difference I've seen between this and the defender is that the polycarbonate is much thicker on defender. In any case, I had the commuter on my eris and it kept the size reasonable and definitely helped against bumps and the occasional drop. Not quite as rugged as the defender, but much smaller and more sleek.

I hope this info helps some of you. As for their third design that they are not making for the incredible, it is simply a one piece silicon sleeve, similar to what verizon and many others already have out. That's most likely the reason they decided against making one..

Upvote 0
Thanks, I have a seido innocase on right now, or at least I believe that's what it is. It's the red 2 piece that you get from the Verizon store, and it's fantastic. Only problem is, I think I'm a bit of a clutz and this case won't protect it as much as I'd like. I saw the Speck case (which looks amazing) in the VZW store today and loved it, but if the Otterbox is worth waiting for, I will. I looked up the Active and Rugged's for seido and wasn't impressed with how they looked. I want some style to go with my protection ya know? I don't just want a black brick. Thanks for the information
You must just have the regular VZW hard case, because I don't think they sell any Seidio accessories in Verizon stores.

Upvote 0
Ya I believe it's the regular case, but it is a great case for not being something that's reinforced. It's got that rubberized feel, but on the inside (the part that touches the phone) has a layer of plastic so that the rubber is easy to hold on to, but there's a second layer of plastic for protection. I like it, it looks good, but I need something for safety. I'm really liking the Speck, but was hoping it'd come in different colors. Is the Speck similar to the Medium Otterbox or the Active?

Upvote 0
Can you post a pic of the two? I'm considering getting either the Speck or the Active, but if the medium otterbox looks good and has cool color schemes, i might do that

The two cases that are coming are the defender and the commuter. As far as I know, Otterbox doesn't have a "Speck" and "Active" series. I don't know if there will be any color options because all they are showing so far are pics of black cases. Here is the url to the page that lets you click to look at each of the series:

HTC DROID Incredible Cases // OtterBox.com

Still not out yet, but at least I'm finally feeling like "soon" actually means soon.

Upvote 0
Speck is a different company, it's the black and orange case in another thread titled "anybody have this case?" It's nice, but I hear the back scratches easily. And the Active case is made by Seidio, I should've been more specific, 2 different brands from Otterbox, but all are in the middle of the pack bulk wise. Thick enough to provide protection without being to big and brick-like. Thanks for the link

Upvote 0
They better hurry the damned thing up. I was already >THIS< close to just giving up on em. Hearing plenty of bad reports for Seidio made me willing to wait a little longer, but even that's reaching maximum threshold. Seeing these pics bought them a little more time, but if by the end of the month, I don't hear anything new.. I'm just going for a VZW case or something. Really want the Commuter.

Upvote 0
They better hurry the damned thing up. I was already >THIS< close to just giving up on em. Hearing plenty of bad reports for Seidio made me willing to wait a little longer, but even that's reaching maximum threshold. Seeing these pics bought them a little more time, but if by the end of the month, I don't hear anything new.. I'm just going for a VZW case or something. Really want the Commuter.

Agreed! I have had the vzw black silicone case since release and im DUE for a new case!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones