• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Otterbox coming out with case for eris

anyone put the screen protector on yet? does it affect the touch screen at all? ive seen the vids about how you dont need one but rather be safe than sorry. i am just worried it will make the screen not as responsive.

I never used one before but thought it couldn't hurt to try. I really don't notice it at all. I definitely haven't seen any response issues with it on.

Upvote 0
They will scratch, guarantee.

I don't know what you have in your pockets, but did you watch the vid I posted of the guy on youtube?

If he can't scratch it with a knife, or credit card what is going to scratch it in your pocket, I believe the screen is tempered glass, very hard to scratch.
Now if you drop it I bet the screen with crack, but scratch??? I had an LG Dare that got a scratch but thats doesn't have a glass screen

Upvote 0
I don't know what you have in your pockets, but did you watch the vid I posted of the guy on youtube?

If he can't scratch it with a knife, or credit card what is going to scratch it in your pocket, I believe the screen is tempered glass, very hard to scratch.
Now if you drop it I bet the screen with crack, but scratch??? I had an LG Dare that got a scratch but thats doesn't have a glass screen

Those tools he used are more cutting tools. If you drop it on asphalt, its generally a totally different story.

But regardless, I am considering buying one, I hate to see a good phone get destroyed by means of clumsiness.

Upvote 0
Those tools he used are more cutting tools. If you drop it on asphalt, its generally a totally different story.

But regardless, I am considering buying one, I hate to see a good phone get destroyed by means of clumsiness.

I bought the otterbox case for that reason, if you drop the phone screen down the case doesn't allow the screen to touch the ground, plus its got some padding on the corners to absorb the shock, without a case I would think the shock of a drop would crack the screen.
If you drop this phone from your ear without a case on it I bet 8-10 times the screen breaks, screen protector alone wouldn't help you...:)

Upvote 0
I bought the otterbox case for that reason, if you drop the phone screen down the case doesn't allow the screen to touch the ground, plus its got some padding on the corners to absorb the shock, without a case I would think the shock of a drop would crack the screen.
If you drop this phone from your ear without a case on it I bet 8-10 times the screen breaks, screen protector alone wouldn't help you...:)

True there, I was referring more to the possible scrapes then the crack. But with a case that has a raised front to avoid this, you more or less need to try to scrape the screen.

More concern over foot trauma from this bad boy.

Upvote 0
The screen WILL scratch. I dropped my Eris once on asphalt from a 3 feet up, and it landed face down. Thankfully nothing cracked, but there are some small scratches and a "divot" or two.

If you want to risk it and go without a screen protector, fine. But don't keep saying the Eris is scratch proof because you'll just sound like a jackass.

Upvote 0
The screen WILL scratch. I dropped my Eris once on asphalt from a 3 feet up, and it landed face down. Thankfully nothing cracked, but there are some small scratches and a "divot" or two.

If you want to risk it and go without a screen protector, fine. But don't keep saying the Eris is scratch proof because you'll just sound like a jackass.

Never said its scratch PROOF junior.....no need to be throwing insults

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones