1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Accessories Otterbox Commuter case Port Flaps issue.....

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ViolinChook, Jul 13, 2016.

1. ViolinChook

ViolinChook Lurker
    None

Sep 18, 2015
    Male
    Hello all,

So I was thinking of getting an otterbox commuter case for my S7, but I've actually been reading online that the port flap covers that the commuter has may damage your charging cable and micro USB slot on the S7 as apparently the port flaps put too much pressure on the cable.

I was wondering if anybody can provide some insight that has had or are currently using an otterbox commuter case.

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. technologyman

technologyman Newbie
    None

Jun 18, 2016
    I am using it since day 01 and there are no such issues. Where did u read this?

3. ViolinChook

ViolinChook Lurker
    None

Sep 18, 2015
    Male
    That's good to hear! I read some reviews on Amazon of people saying that their phones stopped charging altogether due to the flaps putting too much pressure on the cable and USB port.

Random question: What color commuter you rocking?

4. Quinte

Quinte Lurker
    None

Aug 1, 2016
    Male
    Kitchener, ON Canada
    I have been using the Otterbox Commuter for about 2 months without any issues with my GS7.

5. nightowl66

nightowl66 Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 27, 2011
    Been using the commuter case for 2 months and no problem. The port flap is stiff, but hasn't caused any problem

6. BillArf

BillArf Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 7, 2010
    Upstate NY & Florida
    Since the S7 release, I have had three Samsung S7's in the household. All 3 have Otterbox Commuter cases that we have cut that little port flap off of the soft inner case. Cut with a single edge razor. Doing this, we do not have to fool with the flap each time we charge the S7. No, we did not cut the flap off that covers the headphone jack. Anyway, the flap was cut clean off of each inner case and you would not know it was there. Looks great..... Oh, terrific case !

Samsung Galaxy S7

The Samsung Galaxy S7 was launched in 2016 and was one of two devices in the lineup. The device features a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 12MP rear camera.