1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Otterbox commuter case

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ky90025, Feb 10, 2011.

1. ky90025

ky90025 Newbie

Otterbox Commuter case too slippery? I find the hard outer case too slippery?

Mine was used when I got it, is it slippery when new? Any solution to make it have more grip. I don't need as much grip as silicone.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. superchaos

superchaos Android Enthusiast

You will have to hold your phone a little different. I find myself using my fingertips wrapped around the sides touching the silicone to actually hold on to the phone.
    Just for reference - at 75MPH on a motorcycle, the phone gets ripped right out of the case. The hard shell has a little scuff on one of the corners. The glass screen cracked and the camera bezel has some minor blemishes. I had a Phantom Skinz screen protector on it before the skid. The road must have ripped it clean off. There was no residue on the cracked screen. Phone still works though. Had the glass replaced.

3. twigstoy

twigstoy Lurker

I find that the case is too slippery as well. The phone is just too hard to hold for me. I just don't like the feel of the Commuter case. It's a great case, but just not enough grip for me..

4. Geddy Lee

Geddy Lee Newbie

I agree.

I had some leftover pieces of some ZAGG screen saver and I cut some strips and put them on the side of the case.

It's perfect now.

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews