• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Otterbox Commuter

gpa111

Apr 20, 2010
San Diego
If you don't have one... buy it. They come with the multilayered screen protectors that are similar to the ones Apple sells for the ipod touch / iphone. You *almost* just drop it on and it lands perfectly. Now all I need to do is see if I can buy more protectors by themselves for spares.

Much MUCH better than the Zagg crap.

And newegg has the kit for 21!

Yeah my eris almost feels too small when I take it out of the otterbox commuter case now, and I completely agree about it being much easier to slip in and out of my pocket than with the silicone case.

It's also surprisingly easy to take the case off and on, which is nice since I have charging cradle that only fits the naked eris.

Managed to talk my friend into getting the commuter they just came out with for the droid just by randomly talking mine up.

Upvote 0
I'm def not talking smack about the Otterbox, but I really do have to say the Seidio Innocase II is a good competitor.
I had a really hard time deciding between the two, and went with the Innocase because of the simplicity of the case and it's lines. I still haven't found out if one is slimmer than the other (if at all), and I do hear nothing but good things about both. If I had the chance to try them side by side- who knows.
Glad you all are happy with it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones