• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Otterbox Defender Case

Jore

Android Enthusiast
Feb 9, 2011
California
Well I finally pulled the trigger on the Otterbox defender case for the galaxy tab. Since day one I've been using the OEM leather easel case. The easel case kept it safe, but I didn't think safe enough. The defender case is very rugged and tough. It has a built-in screen protector so no individual screen protectors needed. It has 3 pieces to the case - A hard plastic body cover, a silicon jacket, and then a plastic cover which is also the stand. Once on, the tab is well protected from bumps, drops, and scratches. However this case adds bulk and weight to the tab, a small price for total protection. I wanted a well protected case in which I can also take off easily so I can place my tab in the multimedia dock. For some, this case will take some time to get off, for others its a synch. There are 4 tabs that lock the body cover together and those can sometimes be tricky to get off, but nonetheless, you can get them off rather easily most of the time. I for one am glad I have it, as its protection I can trust.

Samsung Galaxy Tab Cases, Samsung Galaxy Tab Defender Series // OtterBox.com

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones