1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Accessories Otterbox will work

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dwhip25, Feb 17, 2011.

1. dwhip25

dwhip25 Member

I posted this in the cases thread, but thought it may get overlooked since there are so many posts in there. I know a lot of people are wanting to get an otterbox. This was on Facebook today a few hours ago:

OtterBox: Hi Black, apparently the Inspire has nearly the same form factor as the Desire HD. Our Engineering Otters tell me that our Desire HD Commuter Series case will work for the Inspire, but our Defender Series case will require some modifications. Hope this helps!

Advertisement

2. wraithevolution

wraithevolution Well-Known Member

I got my Otterbox today and it fits perfectly. :D

3. dwhip25

dwhip25 Member

Which one did you get?

4. wraithevolution

wraithevolution Well-Known Member

The Commuter

5. dwhip25

dwhip25 Member

Perfect. When I get mine Saturday, that's the case I will get.

6. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation

I'm still waiting on the Commuter, should be here by tomorrow. I think it's just the right size. The Defender looks hella bulky

7. Special Edd

Special Edd Newbie

I got the commuter today. Fits great and not too bulky.

8. MassacrMan

MassacrMan Android Enthusiast

The Commuter looks like a fantastic case, but I really like my Inspire just plain by itself. The building quality is already very very sturdy, but I'm sure I'll change my mind the second I drop it for the first time.

If I do get a case it will definitely be this one, we'll see.

9. bbgeekchic

bbgeekchic Newbie

If anyone still needs cases from Otterbox for this phone, let me know. I own a cell business and work closely with Otterbox. I currently have a shipment on the way and have a shipment on the way for as soon as the ones made specifically for the Inspire, are released.

10. proframer92

proframer92 Newbie

has anyone tried the defender on the inspire?

11. sgtrutledge

sgtrutledge Newbie

Have defender on my Inspire and love it.

12. wnjvaughan

wnjvaughan Lurker

The HTC Desire HD defender series WILL fit the HTC Inspire perfectly with no fuctionality issues. I have an Inspire and currently it is enclosed in an HTC Desire HD defender series. I think its all a marketing scheme. Apparently everyone has figured it out because its almost impossible to find a HTC Desire HD defender series anywhere on the net. If your still in doubt find a seller who offers returns, but i promise you, it will fit outa the box.

13. dwhip25

dwhip25 Member

Just got my Commuter case. Fits fine. A little put off by the weight that it adds (I was expecting some, but not as much as it does). Also, the power button cover makes it harder to turn the phone on and off. I am sure it will "loosen" up a bit with use, but wanted to give you all my first impressions. Despite the added weight and power button frustration, I will be keeping the case on my phone. Can't risk dropping it and I am sure if I do this case will protect the phone.

14. The Desire HD Defender case showed in-stock on Otterbox.com... Just ordered mine, hopefully it won't be back-ordered.

15. dmax61

dmax61 Lurker

How come on the otterbox web site it says this ?
    "Compatibility:

• HTC Desire HD
    • Sorry, this case does not accommodate the HTC Inspire 4G"

16. GMArthur

GMArthur Newbie

This is the response from Otterbox website...
    What functions are different between the two models? I was under the impression that they are the exact same phone functionally.

17. I can't remember where I read it but it may just be the holster clip interfering with the headphone port. I don't plan on using the holster anyways. But then again I'm not opposed to a little modification to get things to work proper. I guess I'll find out in a few days once it's shipped and post my findings. :D

Everyone that I've found online who got one said the Defender works fine on the Inspire.

18. kywaterfowler

kywaterfowler Lurker

I just wish that Otterbox would just get the Defender case in an AT&T store. I would really like to get my 35% discount on it:D I would much rather pay $33.00 and no shipping then $54.00 shipped from Otterbox.