1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Otterbox?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ted Roo, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Ted Roo

Ted Roo Newbie

Hullo forum mates,

I was wondering if anyone has used the otterox cases with the hard screen protectors and if they work well with 3D and touch?

Specifically, I'm looking at the defender. Maybe just get the commuter, but I'm not sure if it has the hard screen protection.

I'm careful with stuff, but not when I'm wrenching and it's in my pocket. I'm also forgetful, and I'm pretty sure I will sooner or later forget to unpocket it, and I'll roll over on it in my gravel driveway. Don't ask how I know this :D

Got my Virgin 4G on order.

TIA,

jon

dlinderaz likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mrawesome22

mrawesome22 Android Enthusiast

Defender is like putting your phone in a tank.

Screen protector works perfect.

dlinderaz and Ted Roo like this.
  3. GTWolf

GTWolf Member

Indeed, I have the Defender on mine and I love it, aside from the fact that I can't use my OEM dock with it. Haven't played with 3D much to know if the screen protector affects it at all, but touch response is good.

Ironically, I've dropped my phone twice when I first got it, before I got the Defender, and never again since putting it on. Not sure if it's the bulk, grippy texture, or just luck of the draw. :thinking:

Ted Roo likes this.
  4. montenell

montenell Well-Known Member

I got one off amazon for ten bucks and love it. No problems whatsoever

Ted Roo likes this.
  5. ENVi3

ENVi3 Android Enthusiast

The Commuter case doesn't have the hard screen protector and a lot of reviews say that it doesn't fit as well as it should with this phone. I had a Defender and it was was really good but I didn't need it and I got an extended battery so I couldn't use it, and that's why I don't have it anymore.

Ted Roo likes this.
  6. Ted Roo

Ted Roo Newbie

Thanks for the input! I think I'll get one.

mrawesome22 likes this.
  7. Ted Roo

Ted Roo Newbie

I got it. I like it. Very rugged, not as thick and bulky as expected. All the buttons work good. Easier to get in and presumably out. It's my daily driver. Three thumbs up! :rock: