• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ouch, privacy leaks

anorlunda

Lurker
Jun 24, 2010
I love all those great apps. I'd install more of them except that they want my Google account and password. I'm not going to give that info to so many unknown parties.

Google should have a way to have several passwords attached to an account, each granting certain restricted privileges. For example, a special password could be used to grant only upload-pics-to-picasa privilege.

I am also among those who would never give my Google account password to a third party. Apps can be granted permissions. The available permissions should include the ability to grant access to various Google services that would otherwise require my credentials, without me having to actually provide the credentials to the app.

While I have no doubt that most developers mean no harm, providing my credentials to them is just asking for trouble.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones