• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

tdperry

May 20, 2010
TX
Wife put her MAXX in her cargo pants front pocket to come help me drying off the dogs. After helping she takes it out and the screen is black but the buttons light up as normal. Call Verizon tech support and get elevated to level 2 support who agrees that the display has apparently decided to take a dump. Puts in an order for replacement phone (CLN) that won't be here till Monday. Can't activate her old TB since they invalidated the SIM when she changed to the MAXX and she leaves to be out of town for several days today and won't fool with taking it in where she is going. Thank the lucky stars I still had my "ole reliable" Droid X to activate for her. I may go by the corporate store and see what they can do for me since I provide so much free tech support for them with their customers when I am in there - frequently.

Had a long conversation with the support guy that was not related to the phone - like about Titanium Backup Pro and SQLite editor ... He had his old phone rooted and running a custom ROM and doing a few other things with it. He also commented that they are NOT tracking the use of PDA-net and the like - he even uses it.

Oh well.... Guess I get to go thru the hassle of customizing her phone again!

Does the Thunderbolt use a different sized SIM card than the MAXX? If not, you could have just put her SIM card in the TB and used it as normal. Sorry, I never had a TB, and I know the SIM cards in newer devices are smaller, so I may be talking out of my rear here.

Yeah, the Maxx has a micro SIM and the TB, a standard size. I had to swap SIMs with my old Bionic and now Nexus but had to get a new one since the Nexus is a micro. Not a big deal to do though as any VZW store will do it for you.

Upvote 0
Yeah, the Maxx has a micro SIM and the TB, a standard size. I had to swap SIMs with my old Bionic and now Nexus but had to get a new one since the Nexus is a micro. Not a big deal to do though as any VZW store will do it for you.

Yep, they have no problems doing a swap, but they aren't open at 1 in the morning.:D

New CLN came in and she is back up and running.... Only thing that ticks me about it are the scratches on the soft cover on the back. Cosmetic yes, but her device had no blemishes on it.

Upvote 0
Ooh, and to add, after handling hers and the CLN I realized mine had a defect, the bumper on the left side sticks out enough that it rubs your thumb on its obvious ridge. Now IT is being replaced by a CLN, but if mine is not perfect then they will have to ship me another, and keep on till it is in as good condition as the one (other than the build defect) I ship back.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones