• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [OUDHS] Clockworkmod Recovery 6.0.1.9

I can get this to work??? I keep getting a failed! I just got this phone, and my gf got the this phone for V'day and she said she let the women in the store update the phone, so, if that's the case, then I need some help, please, someone... I paid 4 Rom Manger and the recovery, so that's on my sdcard, if that will help

i dont understand why you would pay for that app, paying allows you to download the premium roms available for your device. which there are none. so you just spent money on an app you cant even use, you need to use odin to flash this on since you dont have root.

Upvote 0
Sorry bout that, I got it now, and I got ROM manager for the custom touch recovery, ( your right, money waisted) but I also use it with other devices. But thank's. Also, did you get the file you needed, to get us back to stock? Because my wife's rush is untouched, and I read somewhere you need someone with just the recovery, who hasn't flashed root yet?

Upvote 0
Also, did you get the file you needed, to get us back to stock? Because my wife's rush is untouched, and I read somewhere you need someone with just the recovery, who hasn't flashed root yet?

This has not been done yet.

Once in cwm I need someone to connect via adb, go to mounts and storage and mount system then run this command:

dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17 of=/mnt/extSdCard/system.ext4.img

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Here is the thread I'm talking about: http://androidforums.com/rush-all-things-root/655762-oudhs-return-stock.html

I need someone to who has flashed cwm but not rooted to grab system. there is a lot of files missing so its not a complete tar, as in you guys get an ota and you flash this you wont be able to update due to the radios mismatch. but hey its better than nothin right? :p
@animania260.. this is what you are talking about.. similar titles but different. http://androidforums.com/rush-all-things-root/655562-odin-stock-recovery.html

Upvote 0
Having problems getting device to show or connect with adb, Help someone?

i keep getting this:

dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17 of=/mnt/extSdCard/system.ext4.img
dd is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

you need to use adb shell to connect to the device then use that command

Upvote 0
I know, but it won't let me obtain access, it says something about not being readable, writable

I did it to my phone (rooted), no problem Screenshot_2013-02-21-00-27-28.png
But the other phone (unrooted) won't
I think that I'm missing something??

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I did use poot debug app 2 root it was the 1 for the ascend Y it works fine for me no problems then I downloaded ROM Manager and flashed the recovery everything works great will let me say this when you run the app it will give you a error 67 it didn't clean up but all I did was update superuser everything works fine give it a try i forgot install superuser first

Reactions: tambuak
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones