• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [OUDHS] Reverb Stock with Root

xInterlopeRx

Android Enthusiast
Apr 5, 2012
Hudspeth County, Texas
Oh, you adventurous phone warrior! Maybe now you have made more than a few incredibly dangerous choices and they didn't pay off so well. Hopefully this file can help you get on the right path.

THIS FILE IS UNTESTED AND MAY NOT WORK!

1. Download the file and transfer it to your device.
2. Reboot into recovery.
3. Choose option to flash the zip
4. Let it rip!
5. Reboot
6. Report back with finding. Try to include any error messages, adb logcat, dmesg, kmsg or anything else you can find or notice.

THIS IS THE LINK!!!

It flashes successfully, but this isn't anywhere near stock. The stock launcher (not touchwiz but the stock ICS launcher) is gone and it's got some weird font that I can't switch out out of.

Also didn't restore any of the stock apps.

OeE7V.jpg

Upvote 0
Ok, so the first image I had was corrupt, but I got another. It was missing some files, but hey, some of you can now boot your phone. Sure, the text is a bit weird, but did we agree that a booting phone is better than nothing? Here's what's gonna happen. The link in this post SHOULD install all the system apps and install Busybox and SuperUser. Now again, it's untested. If you can wait I am uploading another factory zip that has all the system apps and the problem with the text removed. It'll be linked in a couple hours in the OP. Like I said in a previous post. If you are patient, we will get you all fixed up.

System apps

Reactions: Jimmy422
Upvote 0
Ok, so the first image I had was corrupt, but I got another. It was missing some files, but hey, some of you can now boot your phone. Sure, the text is a bit weird, but did we agree that a booting phone is better than nothing? Here's what's gonna happen. The link in this post SHOULD install all the system apps and install Busybox and SuperUser. Now again, it's untested. If you can wait I am uploading another factory zip that has all the system apps and the problem with the text removed. It'll be linked in a couple hours in the OP. Like I said in a previous post. If you are patient, we will get you all fixed up.

System apps

That worked perfectly. I was able to download another font so I'm good for now. Back in business, thanks a ton.

Upvote 0
System/Fonts/ there I think 4 fonts. I deleted one and it worked but my apps like play store where still weird so i kept going and i deleted 3 more and when i booted up it worked. I also did a factory reset also just to make sure that it did work. iM not saying you have to factory reset. I think one was Robotic font or something like that.

Upvote 0
Is Google Search Bar not working? Anyone? Can't install the version from the Play Store either.

I also noticed that there's a couple of keyboards missing from the settings. Personally, I don't mind Swype being gone, but the voice recognition thing is something I used frequently. I mean, technically it's there, but whatever was originally in this device was quicker and easier.

Just something I noticed. No pressure or time constraints; I'm happy knowing my phone is useful again. :)

Upvote 0
Is Google Search Bar not working? Anyone? Can't install the version from the Play Store either.

I also noticed that there's a couple of keyboards missing from the settings. Personally, I don't mind Swype being gone, but the voice recognition thing is something I used frequently. I mean, technically it's there, but whatever was originally in this device was quicker and easier.

Just something I noticed. No pressure or time constraints; I'm happy knowing my phone is useful again. :)

I had the same issue. I suggest you install Google Now. Not only is it awesome, but the voice to text is better than the stock one.

Upvote 0
I had the same issue. I suggest you install Google Now. Not only is it awesome, but the voice to text is better than the stock one.

Problem is, the fourth and fifth steps in those instructions are exactly why I was soft bricked and needed this ROM. So I'm not exactly inclined to try it again. But I do have backups now so it might not be so bad I guess...

EDIT: Yeah, flashing M7_Offline.zip is totally cool. I have Google Now on my device. Not bad. :O

Upvote 0
Problem is, the fourth and fifth steps in those instructions are exactly why I was soft bricked and needed this ROM. So I'm not exactly inclined to try it again. But I do have backups now so it might not be so bad I guess...

That's actually also how I broke my stock ROM too! The easy way is to just download the M7_offline.zip and flash it using CWM. That's what I did and it worked fine.

Upvote 0
I wanted to give xInterlopeRx a personal and public thank you!..

I ran into some problems with my Reverb. After rooting ( you can already see where this is going ) I installed the Beats audio drivers.. Well, they took out the sound on my device.. and voice & data as well! The device wasn't bricked.. but it was as useful as a paperweight...

I sent xInterlopeRx a email on CHRISTMAS EVE.. and this guy didn't blow it off till after the holidays.. He replied right back and I set about telling him what I did.. the symptoms & the screens I saw. And over the course of Christmas Eve to CHRISTMAS DAY he got me rolling again..

Now, this isn't a suck up.. The job is done.. It is a sincere thank you. I don't know many people who would help out a stranger on a holiday like that..

John.. the next time I'm rolling through El Paso.. The first round or 2 are on me.. Thanks again...

Reactions: bkttk2
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones