1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Oukitel C16 Pro Recovery mode

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by theyikes, Jun 5, 2020.

1. theyikes

theyikes Newbie

Hi, I've got an Oukitel C16 pro. The phone is fine, it boots and it's usable but when I try powering off and booting into recovery mode nothing happens. The phone just does nothing as in it won't power on.

Is there something I can do to fix this little issue?

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

so this only happens when you try to go into recovery mode? are you using the right button combo's? why do you need to go there?

MrJavi likes this.
  3. theyikes

theyikes Newbie

Hi Ocnbrze. I've booted it into recovery mode before without any problem. I even tried using adb to boot it into recovery but the phone just reboots in to it's normal working state.

4. ocnbrze

No idea then. Maybe the recovery partition has gotten corrupted. If you can find a firmware update, you can try flashing that. No idea where you can find one though. You might be sol and just have to deal with it i still do not know why you need to go into recovery mode.

MrJavi likes this.
  5. theyikes

theyikes Newbie

Help! I tried installing TWRP and i've just bricked my phone

6. ocnbrze

Care to elaborate? What did you do? What's wrong with the phone? Is the phone rooted?

MrJavi likes this.
  7. theyikes

theyikes Newbie

I tried installing twrp, it appeared to go alright. I've got the feedback if it helps? Basically my phone powered off then on and now that's all it does, on then off, on then off. No the phone wasn't root but the bootloader was unlocked.

8. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

Are you sure you downloaded the correct TWRP for your specific device?

9. theyikes

theyikes Newbie

I'm pretty sure, the link said oukitel c16 pro. For what it's worth the chipset is MT6580. I'm so screwed, Iv'e everything on my phone!

10. ocnbrze

what do you mean it appeared to go right? how do you know? how did you install it? adb?

i'm still not sure why you originally wanted to get to recovery mode, when the phone was working.

MrJavi likes this.
  11. theyikes

theyikes Newbie

What I meant was I didn't receive any error message , here's what i got back:

12. theyikes

theyikes Newbie

The phone keeps turning on and off every few seconds. mtk droid is not detecting it. Please can someone help!

13. ocnbrze

i think at this point you need to find a firmware specifically for your phone. if you do not find one, then you might be SOL at this point.

here try this guide:
    https://www.getdroidtips.com/stock-rom-oukitel-c16-pro/

now if the phone can't connect then you are truly SOL.

14. theyikes

theyikes Newbie

The firmware you linked to is for the MT6761 mine is an MT6580, would that still work? Oh thanks by the way, at least someone is listening!

ocnbrze likes this.
  15. ocnbrze

yeah that will not work then.....firmware is very device specific.....that was the only thing i can find as far as firmware goes.