• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ouku Horizon Froyo to Gingerbread?

DenshMisti

Lurker
Dec 28, 2011
Is it safe to upgrade an Ouku Horizon from Froyo Android 2.2 to Gingerbread 2.3, I don't mind if I have to root because there is no real developer support for nonbranded cellphones, but I just want to make sure my phone is compatible with the upgrade.

Let me know please, and thankyou.

did you manage to get any info from anywhere on this please?

also, are there any rooting instructions for the Ouku?

thanks

I can help you with the rooting issue.

The Ouku Horizon (I've had one) can be rooted using SuperOneClick, but first you need to install the drivers.

The easiest way to get the drivers installed is to look for Windows app called "Pdanet".

Pdanet is meant to allow usb tethering between any Android phone and a pc, but the best part is that it comes bundled with drivers for anything. When you install Pdanet and are prompted to install drivers for your phone, the app shows you a list of cell phone makers. You just choose "Other", let Pdanet install the drivers, and, since then, you can use SuperOneClick, and it will work and root your phone.

Good luck.

Upvote 0
Any news on the subject? Does anyone know if it is possible to upgrade from android 2.2 to a newer version or install a custom rom on Ouku Horizon?

Well, not quite. To root this phone use UnlockRoot along with the drivers from here: ALCATEL ONE TOUCH - Products - Smartphones - ONE TOUCH 990
and here:
Ouku Horizon 3G 3,5"
also you can check the last link for additional support and if you wish to install adobe flash player see: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1463854

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones