1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

our 2 verizon phones, batteries were hot, ran down fast

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sdowney717, Jun 30, 2017.

1. sdowney717

sdowney717 Well-Known Member

Couple days ago, our S4 Galaxy and an LG vs840, both phone batteries were very warm, and the phones were using a lot of power abnormally.
    Then the next day back to normal for both phones.
    Is there some common link such as Verizon network exercising the phones?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

That sounds most likely. If there was a network problem and the phones were constantly losing contact and searching for signal that would do it.

3. sdowney717

sdowney717 Well-Known Member

Interesting, we were out at the store and at home and all day the phones were like that, so something was happening everywhere we went that day.

Verizon network in our house, the signal has gotten worse. I used to have good connections and make calls in the house, now I see signal sometimes is gone, and have to go outside to talk. Even seen no service message. Used to have 2 bars inside, for past few months it is one bar, and sometimes no bars.

4. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

It could be something else, but with 2 phones of different models simultaneously having the same problem the network is the obvious common factor, and poor reception is usually the thing that drives drain up.

Problems at a specific location could be due to them making changes to the network (e.g. locations of towers, shutting down of old frequencies, or even rolling out a new band which your phone gives higher priority to), or it could be a fault in one cell.

5. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

Hadron has it right