• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Our EVO selected as as one of the 10 "devices that will fail in 2010"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take it easy on her she did apologize.

thanks for that :)

it's ashame the immaturity the adults is evident in this forum. You apologize and it is still being discussed

it's the internet so i don't put much thought in it.

I read the link where Iowa posted and the definition of the word troll doesn't apply to me. My intentions were not to elicit any type of emotion or response nor to disrupt the normal activity in the forums because i was posting my opinion

I was also right when i said i guess the use of troll is subjective

Usage

Application of the term troll is highly subjective. Some readers may characterize a post as trolling, while others may regard the same post as a legitimate contribution to the discussion, even if controversial. The term is often used as an ad hominem strategy to discredit an opposing position by attacking its proponent.
Often, calling someone a troll makes assumptions about a writer's motives. Regardless of the circumstances, controversial posts may attract a particularly strong response from those unfamiliar with the robust dialogue found in some online, rather than physical, communities. Experienced participants in online forums know that the most effective way to discourage a troll is usually to ignore him or her, because responding tends to encourage trolls to continue disruptive posts

Reactions: jroc
Upvote 0
Wow a lot of drama here lol. It's just a phone guys relax. Some people had bad experience with their evo. They are entitled to their opinion. As for me..... my Evo has been nothing but awesome. Oh Carmen.... now you got me craving ihop lol.

Honestly i think people think i am out to bash this phone when that is not the case. Yes, I have spoken negatively of the device because I am a very critical person...Not only of things i purchase and other people but myself as well...I didn't get to the places in my life accepting mediocrity

I had almost every issue that most Evo owners to date are complaining about however I was willing to keep it...EXCEPT Sprint killed any desire for me to keep the phone.

The Evo is flawed(as are all devices) especially at launch yet it is still the best device I ever owned....Anything I post are not lies but my experience with the device....I think like At & T hurts the iphone(even though it is still successful), Sprint hurts the Evo(Which is successful as well)

I don't get the need to be defensive...Who here is getting profit or recognition for the Evo other than Sprint and HTC? Nobody...

Reactions: IOWA
Upvote 0
Wow a lot of drama here lol. It's just a phone guys relax. Some people had bad experience with their evo. They are entitled to their opinion. As for me..... my Evo has been nothing but awesome. Oh Carmen.... now you got me craving ihop lol.

Oh and I am addict for ihop(and chili's)
It was good Orion...Bacon, Strawberry French toast, Sausage and I Stole some of my dad's crepes!!!

Delicious!!! lol

Upvote 0
This "article" has no more credence than any random comment on the internet; it is merely a voicing of preference. In & of itself, this of course is fine; but it is lacking entirely in journalistic objectivity, i.e., integrity. Such are the nature of blogs.

So it follows then, to get upset over the contents of such information lends merit to that which is undeserving & is nothing more than foolhardy.

Upvote 0
poster-1.php.jpg

Upvote 0
Damn right its good for my grandma. The point is that Android is just as intuitive as the POS Iphone. Its got a really huge phone button right on the middle bottom of the screen. How freakin hard is that. Android is great for everyone from 75 year old grandmas to tech savvy geniuses such as yourself.

Not true. I don't think the evo would work so well for my blind Dad.

Upvote 0
Wow. I'm sorry, but I just had to post on here after reading everything...

You people whom are attacking her (Carmen) for her opinions have some serious issues. My Grandmother has an Evo, I love it, I'm considering getting one, -- but for stating that she believes the Evo is 'flawed' she is a troll? Are you kidding me? She then went on to list her grievances and discuss them. Is that SERIOUSLY what you guys call the modus operandi of a troll? I don't know if this kind of behavior is common...but people who have to resort to namecalling when someone questions their phone of choice in a sensible and civilized manner should seriously rethink their priorities.

Reactions: eieio and IOWA
Upvote 0

You people whom are attacking her (Carmen) for her opinions have some serious issues. My Grandmother has an Evo, I love it, I'm considering getting one, -- but for stating that she believes the Evo is 'flawed' she is a troll? Are you kidding me? She then went on to list her grievances and discuss them. Is that SERIOUSLY what you guys call the modus operandi of a troll? I don't know if this kind of behavior is common...but people who have to resort to namecalling when someone questions their phone of choice in a sensible and civilized manner should seriously rethink their priorities.

Agreed. Some of Carmen's reasons are the very same I haven't purchased an EVO myself.

Upvote 0
You learn when you are a kid that apologizing means nothing if you don't mean it. Actions speak loudly.

If this thread were her only comments that might be true. But if you consider her "body of work" it's very clear she is not interested in fairminded discussion. The biggest tipoff is failing to contextualize her complaints as primarily her personal experiences and opinions.

Reactions: Complex757
Upvote 0
You learn when you are a kid that apologizing means nothing if you don't mean it. Actions speak loudly.

If this thread were her only comments that might be true. But if you consider her "body of work" it's very clear she is not interested in fairminded discussion. The biggest tipoff is failing to contextualize her complaints as primarily her personal experiences and opinions.

She's obviously not here to start trouble, so quit calling her a troll. If anyone is close to being a troll here, it's people calling her a troll.

Upvote 0
But if you consider her "body of work" it's very clear she is not interested in fairminded discussion. The biggest tipoff is failing to contextualize her complaints as primarily her personal experiences and opinions.

If on the other hand you consider her remarks within the context of her chronological state, you teach rather than lash out.

Participation counts.

Upvote 0
Nobody uses Sprint? I guess Sprint just has 50 million nobodys then.

It's funny that you quote the initial statement i made but didn't read the other post where I basically apologized for the statement i made.

Early mon understood what i meant though i didn't word it the way i should have.

I meant when compared with At & t and Verizon, Sprint is very meager...that's what i meant when i said nobody uses sprint

thanks

First of all Carmen I want to retract my statment, I usually just skim through post, and I didnt even notice your own retraction. Atleast Im not calling you a troll. Cuz everyone has a right to voice their opinions.

There was a time that Sprint used to be the top dog on the block (The PCS days). They are down now due to poor management, marketing, execution, and a lack of a true Iphone competitor. Its a cycle, at one point ATT (Cellphone division) and Apple were jokes for a company. They are close to the top or on the top now. Trust me Sprint is improving. I understand that you dislike Sprint due to the poor experience that you had with them. But I believe you are in the minority. Sprint is on the way up and soon they can become number 2. And when ATT loses their Iphone blood brother status, because they will. Congress is already tossing up the idea about passing a bill to prohibit carrier exclusivity (which I don't agree with by the way). ATT will become irrelevant again. So they maybe meager now but they will be less then meager eventually.

Honestly i think people think i am out to bash this phone when that is not the case. Yes, I have spoken negatively of the device because I am a very critical person...Not only of things i purchase and other people but myself as well...I didn't get to the places in my life accepting mediocrity

I had almost every issue that most Evo owners to date are complaining about however I was willing to keep it...EXCEPT Sprint killed any desire for me to keep the phone.

The Evo is flawed(as are all devices) especially at launch yet it is still the best device I ever owned....Anything I post are not lies but my experience with the device....I think like At & T hurts the iphone(even though it is still successful), Sprint hurts the Evo(Which is successful as well)

I don't get the need to be defensive...Who here is getting profit or recognition for the Evo other than Sprint and HTC? Nobody...

Now I cant let you slide on this one. There are people such as myself that own stock in one of these two companies. But that still isn't a excuse to be overly defensive. Okay Carmen what do you expect from EVO zealots, when you come in to an EVO forum where the grand majority are EVO fans and say something negative about their version of the Jesus phone. Its like going to an Iphone forum with a bunch of apple heads saying something that they perceive in being negative, then scratching your head asking why are they being defensive. Its to be expected.

Upvote 0
I think some of you want brownie points from defending her.

I had a Hero previously, comparing it to my Evo, I now have a lot more complaints. Should I go in to the Hero section and constantly bash the phone? If someone is happy with their Hero, shall I proceed to tell them how poor it is compared to the Evo? That's the definition of trolling.

She's doing it for entertainment purposes, and you suckers are falling for it, because she has a pretty pic up. I've seen her in multiple topics do this same thing. Where the topic doesn't become about what the OP said, but about what Carmen doesn't like, because she's bored. :(

Reactions: dr g
Upvote 0
I went to the Apple store and played around with the new iPhone for a while. I was NOT impressed. I did however like how the screen was smooth and brightly lit like an iPad and it uses IPS but that was about it. It's gotten a little flashier since 3.0 but at the same time, it was nowhere near as good as I thought it might be. I am very happy with my EVO, with Sprint, and Android's rapid EVOlution.

Upvote 0
I think some of you want brownie points from defending her.

I had a Hero previously, comparing it to my Evo, I now have a lot more complaints. Should I go in to the Hero section and constantly bash the phone? If someone is happy with their Hero, shall I proceed to tell them how poor it is compared to the Evo? That's the definition of trolling.

She's doing it for entertainment purposes, and you suckers are falling for it, because she has a pretty pic up. I've seen her in multiple topics do this same thing. Where the topic doesn't become about what the OP said, but about what Carmen doesn't like, because she's bored. :(

And i think some of you are downright pathetic :)

you really are exaggerating.

I think it is funny how this post has turned about me and not about the actual OP's issue.

I am glad to know i have a "following" who is following "my body of work"

When I die, I want to be remembered for all that I contributed to androidforums

Are you people seriously kidding me?
I just laugh because of the perception of me in this forum...

When I gloated about it, i believe was in another thread where someone doesn't like that i said the Epic would probably be better than the evo

My gosh....you people are highly amusing!!!

Anytime the topic goes away from the initial topic to me is because I have no issues speaking my mind and saying whatever i please.

Perhaps you should research my "body of work" because you will see that I am not here to cause trouble or anything....

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones