1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Out of Control Data Usage

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by KramKroc, May 26, 2010.

1. KramKroc

KramKroc Member

May 24, 2010
    Hi folks,

I left my x10 at my desk with data usage for the month sitting at around 5% of my 500M allowance. I come back an hour later to find that APNDROID has disabled my 3G connection, my allowance now sitting at 102% and I've received a text from my mobile operator stating that I've passed their fair use limit.

I know there are a number of posts asking about this type of thing already, i.e. any way to check what is using the data, but I wanted to check if anyone else has noticed this behaviour from the x10. Last week, I noticed a weird 100M download spike as well, but though nothing of it as I was near the end of my billing period. A friend had experienced the same thing, and whilst he was on the same network, he was using a HTC Desire.

As I said I was away from my desk and not using the phone, so either an app I've installed is pulling down a wild list of data or else the phone itself was doing something similar (automatic software upgrade?)

/KramKroc

Advertisement

2. kersey

kersey Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2010
    Chance would be a fine thing with my phone on the Orange network :p

3. FitzysX10

FitzysX10 Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    How many FaceBook friends do you have, and how often do they update their status ?

This phone needs to come with a 'Social Network Plan" like OPTUS in OZ, where these updates are not included in your monthly DL quota.

I argued with my providor, and they upgraded my monthly data to 1GB for free, and put me on a free 'social update data counter'.

I also turned off background updates, and only have about 20 family friends(from overseas) on FB.

Cheers