1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

OUt of date build number - ever been successful in getting VZW to individually push out an upgrade

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by politzer, Jul 26, 2012.

1. politzer

politzer Well-Known Member

This is a new one on me.

I've got VZW on my Galaxy Nexus. Due to a trouble shooting a contacts syncing problem I've found out that my build number is not current. The maintenance upgrade that replaces my build is supposed to specifically address my syncing problem.

Samsung told me to contact VZW to see about getting the appropriate build pushed out to me. VZW told me they couldn't do it and referred me back to Samsung.

Now I'm hearing that I'll either have to send the phone back to Samsung or VZW to get a new phone or try a hard reset.

Has anyone ever been successful in getting VZW to individually push out an upgrade or patch?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Demache

Demache Android Expert

I think you can actually download the update from the VZW root section here and manually flash it (you shouldn't need to root the phone). I think all you need to do is put the ZIP on the root level of the sdcard (in other words, don't put it in a folder).

3. trophynuts

trophynuts Extreme Android User

OP what is your current build number from your about screen? Lets start there. In case the samsung rep that told you your build # was not right is wrong.

4. politzer

politzer Well-Known Member

IMM76K. Accd'g to both Samsung and confirmed by VZW the latest is IMM76Q and it was rolled out 7/6.

I'm having continuing issues with my Contacts not syncing, even after all the usual troubleshooting, short of wiping the phone. Apparently this patch is supposed to address this issue so I'm anxious to get a solution.

5. Tim K

Tim K Android Expert

IMM76K is the latest / current build. IMM76Q has not yet rolled out yet.

6. trophynuts

trophynuts Extreme Android User

+1 to what the above said. So you're on the latest official version. The one the Reps were referring to is probably an internal test build. That is why i wanted to know what yours said because i figured they told you wrong.

7. Tim K

Tim K Android Expert

Its always a safe bet to assume reps don't know what they are talking about....

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews