• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Out of Internal memory, install apps in External-MicroSD?

Hi! So this is my second question...
And first of all I wanted to talk about the first question I made.
In which I asked about how can I change my Internal for the MicroSD that I have!
My internal is about 2.05GB which is nothing for phones nowadays, and also due to that
I've been having a really rough time with apps like FaceBook, Snapchat, Youtube, Google, Twitter, Instagram, etc... which are apps that at the starting don't require much space, but with time as you keep looking to stuff, downloading pics and everything+cache, well let's say my internal it's not having a really good time :(

So I wanted to know I someone could help me and give a method on how to install EVERYTHING, not just the APK or DATA of the app... EVERYSINGLE thing, on the MicroSD of my phone which is abour 28.9GB.

THE DEVICE IS ROOTED!
The phone is an LG-E450g, Android 4.1.2!
The device is kinda old, and has low Internal...
And if someone knows anyway I can speed the phone up, with a custom ROM or anything I would really appreciate it! :D

Thanks in advance - Carlos:)

It's possible to re partition your phone to allow more space or apps. However it's difficult and should only be attempted by very experienced users. Also, to make space in one place you must lose space in another, so it's a trade-off. Better to get rid of space-hogging apps (I'd blow out Facebook right away. It runs better in a browser than their crap app anyway).
Or...get a better phone.

What you want is regarding install entire app;s to SD is not possible. Apps MUST be installed in /system. When moving apps to SD only user data can be moved, the app itself stays in /system.

Reactions: Carlos Arroyo
Upvote 0
It's possible to re partition your phone to allow more space or apps. However it's difficult and should only be attempted by very experienced users. Also, to make space in one place you must lose space in another, so it's a trade-off. Better to get rid of space-hogging apps (I'd blow out Facebook right away. It runs better in a browser than their crap app anyway).
Or...get a better phone.

What you want is regarding install entire app;s to SD is not possible. Apps MUST be installed in /system. When moving apps to SD only user data can be moved, the app itself stays in /system.
I've tried Link2SD and I'm going to have to make another question soon since the app tells me that when trying to move the app to the SD its says "Failed to Obtain Root Access" the um notification is in Spanish but that's basically what it says, and I'm a rooted user and I gave the permissions to the app when it asked me lol... So I need help with that :D

Upvote 0
Try lg one click root for pc you'll need lg usb driver installer,adb 15 second installer,and NET frameworks 4 setup for your pc it is made to root LG phones
Im not to sure but i dont think your phone was really rooted,eventhough a root program says finished or completed doesn't always mean it successfully rooted the phone,hope i was at least some help;Good Luck!

Reactions: Carlos Arroyo
Upvote 0
Try lg one click root for pc you'll need lg usb driver installer,adb 15 second installer,and NET frameworks 4 setup for your pc it is made to root LG phones
Im not to sure but i dont think your phone was really rooted,eventhough a root program says finished or completed doesn't always mean it successfully rooted the phone,hope i was at least some help;Good Luck!
Thanks for help yesterday tried 3 root programs, the phone should now be fully rooted ;)

Upvote 0
You can now download mini partition wizard for pc back up everything on your sd card then place it in a usb sd micro card reader, unzip mini wizard and run it,Right Click on your SD-Card and delete all partitions
Now you have to do some calculations-See the Size of your SD-Card for example it is of 3.70 GB-Now decide how much space you want for your second partition on which all applications will be installed for example 1 GB-Now minus your selected size from Total Space for example:
3.7 - 1 = 2.7 GB-This is the size of your first partition on which all your data such as songs, images and other stuff will go that is the real SD-Card space Now create a new partition, select it as "Primary" and give it the space you calculated for example 2.7 GB. If the size is less than 2 GB then select "FAT" file system and if more then select "FAT32" for example here I will select "FAT32" for 2.7 GB

First_Partition.png

You will have your remainnig space which you decided before for example 1 GB. Select this all and then create a new partition as "Primary" again, select file system "ext2" and give label name as "sd-ext"-i know it says ext3;but it will not function properly unless you pick ext2,

Second_Partition.png

Now click Ok and click Apply and wait for it to complete.
Copy all your SD-Card data back to the SD-Card and remove the card.
Your SD-Card is now ready for you to use.
Download at the Google playstore move to sd.apk
When opened it ask which partition is the extra partition on sd card, choose ext2

Info provided by: RaHBeR on Xda forums

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones