• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Out of Service Notification sound (Epic 4G)

I also am having a hard time with this feature. When I have sound enabled it will make that sound over and over. The only way Ive been able to silence it is to put the phone on silent mode, which means of course that now I can't be notified of calls/messages. I work in a building where service can vary, so this sound chirps over and over. Please help!

Upvote 0
I posted this when the phone first came out - thought it was a "roaming" notification but have since figured out it is actually a "no service" that beeps before the phone kicks into roam in my case. This is absolutely driving me crazy and it is unbelievable that there is no way to shut this off - I emailed Samsung and they told me to talk to service which I figured was useless. It is apparent that there is no way to turn this off unless someone figures out how to do it with a rooted phone.

Between this and the email client not working on this phone it is enough to make me take it back for an Evo - unfortunately it's my wife's phone and she wants to keep the keyboard.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones